Am I being too demanding?

The guy I've been dating doesn't spend enough time with me. Sometimes we only spend 1 or 2 days together out of the week and I'm beginning to get fed up and frustrated.

We both work but only live about 20 mins away from each other. He came over at 9 last night after I finished work and left today at 2. I told him that its not enough and he made a remark saying he spent loads of time with me. I'm not looking for all his time but even an extra few hours would keep me happy.

I've gotten to the stage where I don't see the point of continue to date. I really like him and we get along amazing so I'm confused.

• Yes you're being too demanding 1 or 2 days is normal
  • No you're not its not enough time.
  • Other
1mo No you're definitely not being too demanding. You do have to talk to him though and then you'll know your answer.

Most Helpful Guy

• very normal issue and one frequent with women. Guys seem to be more easily satisfied with time and communication, but the women need more. Women are more insecure and need physical presence. I wrote a short story to explain this to someone else on this site when they raised such issue. If you think about how males and females functioned long ago, you can see why the woman wants the man around more... security!

This is negotiation required in relationship to establish it and meet needs of the other. maybe it could be filled with phone time, video chat, etc..

the challenge with the guy is he may not have the time or have other priorities to deal with, so you have to talk it out and see if he can meet your NEEDS.

Most Helpful Girl

• You see each other 1 to 2 days a week? You're lucky! The last guy I was sort of seeing would only see me once a month, if even that. I had to break it off because it was going on 3 months since we had last seen each other. Seeing each other 1 to 2 days a week to me seems normal to me.

What Guys Said 2

• If you like him so much why don't you move in or something? marriage maybe

We've been dating for 2 months, so you recommend marriage or moving into together after that amount of time. I want quality time with him like a few extra hours not a massive jump in commitment.

I thought you were dating for a long time, hmm well be straight with him, he is not going to eat you. Good luck

• You're being too demanding, don't try to squeeze too much out of what you've got or you'll just end up with nothing

What Girls Said 5

• I think the amount of time is relative - does he have anymore time to give you? Or are there work and family commitments? Do you ever just go out and then go home separately?

• So what's wrong with you going to see him once in a while?

• I went through the same thing. It sucks and the time you get together is nice, but I'm sure you would want to do something together

• If a guy wants to see you, he will. Demanding it won't make him want to.

• No I don't think you're being demanding one day is definitely not enough time to build a proper foundation for a relationship.