Older men, less superficial?

I observed that when man becomes older, his demands become more into personality than appearence. For ex, 20 year old guys dream is: a beautifull woman with nice body, at least 5'7" tall and have pretty face. However 40 years old guys dream is: an interesting and intelligent woman who have nice personality and common interest. Beautifull face is a plus, height and weight does not play a role.
what do you think, do ypu agree?

Most Helpful Guy

• I was told that I was born old so maybe my opinion can’t speak to the relative change. However, I will say that as I got older my priorities certainly changed when considering a woman. Young, my hormones overrode my rationality and judgment and therefore I tolerated more low intelligence craziness than I could every now. If you meet someone that you are very compatible with and in love with, all fetishes and things that turn you on will become secondary or tertiary. Therefore, I (third person) would seek similar intelligence, mutual respect and trust, and someone with which you truly are content and that is supportive. BTW—this is becoming extremely rare. If you find it, have enough sense to keep it. Good luck!

What Guys Said 18

• Older men still physically prefer 22 year old women. They don't lose that. They just lose the ability to pull 22 year old women. So they focus on personality.

Men's favorite ages are 20, 21, 22, and 23. Look it up. Ages of prime fertility and physical attractiveness. Yes. No one is arguing that older women can't be attractive. So shush if anyone tries to go there.

The majority of men would do nothing but fuck women of these ages, if they could get away with it. It's all about what access they have. If they do not have access to these ages, then they will garner their personality and, at least surface, desires to attract other women who are more likely to sleep with them.

The difference is that older men have discovered that women desire personality. So they say they also desire personality. They've just become more knowledgeable and capable of meeting women on their terms, having learned that meeting women on male terms doesn't work unless you're very valuable.

They've just learned how to play the game better. That's all. They know what women want.

So no. I would say older men are *more* superficial, because they have learned to construct this quasi-personality that they have learned women desire.

• I agree.
    We all like pretty/attractive/shapely woman... those are physical things. But after you have some relationships and one sees how painful they are and that the real problems are in the personality, maturity, interest... that she is a human being and not an object, then we wisen up and look for compatibility. Personality and emotional maturity are huge... especially after girls have been run through the ringer of life and been beaten up... unless they choose wisely the first time, which appears oh so rare these days.

I say you are right on the money!

• You are probably right to large extent. But it's not like a 20 yo woman with a perfect body and beautiful face fails to capture the attention of 40+ yo guy. But there is the acquired knowledge that, even if he could have her, at the end of the day, he wants someone who is his friend and confidant, who shares some common interests, who has a sense for adventure in travel and cuisine (and bed?), and is just… perfect for him. So it may be foolish to limit himself based on superficial and arbitrary qualities. I wouldn't care how hot she was or what age she is… if she used People magazine as her only news source, made petty and dramatic requests constantly, was insecure about every damn thing, and laid there like a dead body during sex? What a f-ing disaster! No thanks.

• What I consider to be beautiful has changed over the years. My current girlfriend (dating 1 1/2 years now) is 64 years old and I think she is beautiful. I'm sure I would not have thought that when I was 21.

What was the definition of beautifull, and what is it now?

When I was 21, absolutely must have = cute face and decent body. I didn't care about boob size and I hoped she had a decent personality. At 61, she must be intelligent and be a nice person. I hope she has a cute face and it would be nice if she wasn't more than 10-20 pounds overweight. I hope she has small boobs because, otherwise, she's probably going to be tucking them under her belt!

• No, a 20 year olds dream girl isn't at least 5'7". Maybe some guys like tall women, but it is nowhere close to being a generality.

• Yes, this is exactly correct. Very good observations.

• Hmm they just get less picky and that's a heavy generalization of young guys.

• I don't think so, there was this study that showed that all men think women from 20-22 are the most attractive. I actually thought it was weird and I've always though that 25-27 is the most attractive, but that is irrelevant.

• Yeah, true for most of us, although clearly not for Trump. LOL.!

• not true... it depends on level of maturity.. people get to that level at different ages. im there now and im 23. you might have a 45 year old who still is very superficial. so basically, age doesn't determine that, maturity level does

• Hahaha you can think like that if you want to

• False, I'm like that now. I guess I'm just mature for my age (23). Not every guy think like that.

• yes this is very true , you've got it about spot on

• Well, at 20 you expect to spend a LOT more of your time together having sex or generally being naked and turned on. At 40 you're doing a lot of other things.

• Well I guess you can say the same for women.

• I would imagine that the priority of finding someone you want to live with becomes more important. That isn't to say we're compromising or settling, just wanting more than a pretty body.

• perceptions of beauty and what is a 10 for us surely change with years. girls are equally if not more imature at choosing partners when younger. well the average girl at least... .

Yeah, everyone is extremely immature at choosing partners before the age of 25 it seems, and even 25-30's can often be immature at it as well.

• Not exactly.

We get more accepting of minor flaws.

I would say my standards in facial beauty dropped more than my broad expectations around body.

I always liked short, but actually never dated anyone under 5'7". Dating taller women was always easier for me.

What Girls Said 3

• I agree with this with this in a lot of ways.

• Here on gag, Old farts.

Are you projecting Gerascophobia?

@roamer haha Is this a politically correct question?
      haha I was venting.

• At least 5'7"? I think only scandinavian men areobsessed with tall height. Most men in States dont give any single f*ck about how tall you are