Guys, what do you think about a girl asking you out on FB after 11 months of not talking?

@GaG guys
How would you react to this?

I met this guy in class last year (it's been 11 months) and we were never that close. We were in 1 group project, and we talked in passing, but never full-on conversations. We haven't talked since that class 11 months ago. I sort of had a thing for him but didn't pursue it because I was with someone else at the time. Recently he's been updating his FB profile and I'm single now and I was wondering how bizarre it would be if I messaged him completely out of the blue... how would you react if a girl you haven't talked to in months messaged you out of nowhere? Should I not do this at all? What would I even say? :( "I know we haven't talked in ages but hi how's it going?" lol fuck that sounds weird

@curious GaG girls -- do you think this is a bad idea?

What Guys Said 2

• If you're sure you made a good impression in front of him and he still remembers you, go ahead, it doesn't sound weird to me. I love connecting with people I met in the past.

Umm not entirely sure tbh - I'm pretty sure he thought I was a weirdo (most people do) but he didn't necessarily hate me or anything haha.

• It would be very surprising for sure. It depends if I thought she was cute

I'm pretty cute, not worried about that, but I'm also very socially awkward so I don't know if I can pull it off :(

Just do it, the more you think the more awkward it will become

What Girls Said 1

• I would start more subtle like liking some of his posts first. If you have a mutual friend I'd use that as an excuse to message him, like "hey I didn't know you were friends with so m so. How did you two meet?" Or say something about the project you worked on together. Find common ground as an excuse to talk.

I will definitely start liking his photos more often, just wish he posted frequently! Haha. We don't have anything mutual to talk about though... ahh this is so hard

What about the project, like ask him " hey what grade did we get on that project, do you remember? For some reason t think we did really bad/good. "