Will Online dating experiences translate into the real dating world?

I'm an African American female. On Match. com, it seems like 90% of the profiles check every race but black. I'm wondering if this will happen in real world dating experiences.

1mo Also many of these profiles will accept any body including big people. It makes no sense.

Most Helpful Girl

• With online dating, it's easy to cancel out any filters until you get your dream girl or guy. Usually, people will question race, nationality, height, or any other type of physical characteristics. Statistics show that middle eastern woman get approached the most online, and unfortunately black girls get approached the least. However this isn't true at all in real life, and this can be blamed on the filters available. Usually people choose dating sites based on what they want. If you are black and have a preference for white (sorry if you get offended by me using black and white, I'm from the uk so yeah) you can go onto an interracial dating site. If you are religious and want someone practising the same religion as you, then you can try religious dating sites. This could also explain the lack of African Americans. Don't take online dating too seriously, true love can only be legitimate if one has a desirable personality, a large gap in the world of dating sites

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• I think African Americans have a very undesirable stereotype, and you just have to prove that you are not that stereo type... you are you.

I'm really sorry to hear that :/ That must really suck... I've always heard that black women have it the hardest in dating, but never really noticed a statistic...

• African American women are not only dark, but they're stereotyped for being ghetto... nobody wants that.

• yeah