How many of you guys think looks are important?

I asked a question today and answers made me sad a little bit. I think most people care about looks in relationship market. The problem is, I am short, 5'1". I can do nothing to solve this problem so accept this. I hope I will be able to find someone who dont care it at all.

• Looks are important for me so I would not be together with a 5'1" girl
  • Looks are not important for me, I would be together with a 5'1" girl if she is perfect except her height
up?

531

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok let me see if I can't explain my thoughts. Yes your height is part of your looks but it isn't really an important one like your face, ass or tits if you understand that. Most women I've been w have been about your height. Looks play an important role in our attraction to the opposite sex especially for men. I don't recall the last time a man seen a girl across the street and said, "wow she's nice I have to meet her." It's possible it may have happened ed but what draws a man to her from the start is usually looks. Personality is what makes or breaks that relationship. How often do you know of when a man is concerned about what type of job a girl has. As long as she's hot I could care less if she worked at McDonalds. Usually women are the ones who care about that.

• Looks and height is provide guys to make you meet with you I guess. No men would think to meet a girl who is not attractive. That is called first impression.
      But, is there any way to enlarge the chances of getting a guy as a short girl? Maybe a good personality, confidence, style or intelligence helps?

• According to my opinion, yeah. But I am short.

• Doesn't matter you're fine as far as your height trust me

Most Helpful Girl

• Looks matter, but everyone is attracted to different things, at first i thought guys liked taller girls too and as a 5'4 i felt a little self-concious about it though nothing too severe cuz i've never let what anyone thinks about me bother me, but then i realized many men are actually into this height range, so don't worry, u will have someone;)

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 30

• Shitty poll.

Looks are important to me, and I would be with a 5'1 girl.
    5'1 isn't a deal breaker for me.

• C- looks are important to me and I would date a girl who is 5'1 because I think short girls can still be attractive.

• Men don't care about height nearly as much as women do. I only know one guy that will disqualify a woman because of height, and then only if she's too tall.

Weight is the important thing. It really is as simple as "Don't be fat".

• So would guys give a girl a chance if she if short but everything except height is completely perfect?

• Absolutely. Some, like my friend, prefer women that are around your height.

• okay, 2 things.

1. being short doesn't mean that you don't look good. I don't really care about height as long as it's not too extreme (and then it's still not about looks)
    2. looks are of course important. not everything, but for a relationship I need someone I feel physically attracted to

• Looks aren't limited to height mate

• I wouldn't want people looking down on me thinking I'm weird for dating someone substantially smaller than me. I'm 6'2. I'd be like a giant in comparison. But there is a big market for other guys who are smaller. They are thinking the same thing as you, if short girls didn't date short guys then.. There would be a serious problem.

• Read the answers i get. None likes short girls :D lucky me

• That's crazy I don't care. But society does.. and I'm a attention whore I don't like people thinking of me wrong!!

• What? We love short girls what the hell are you talking about woman? It's men who need to worry about being short, not women! lol >.<

• Why do you think looks includes height? They're mutually exclusive. There are plenty of attractive short girls just like there are plenty of ugly tall girls.

• What do looks have to do with height? I do care a lot about looks, but since I am only 5'6, 5'1 is like the ideal height for a girl.

• Looks don't matter at all. Provided that you have a working brain, a wonderful sense of humor and attitude about the world, and an overall great personality. I would certainly date that girl.

There are plenty of tall, beautiful women that I have met who are beyond dull and boring - and I find that the most unattractive thing ever.

• yaaay I need more guys like you :DD

• @Morriganhell I don't. I just see what I like and what I don't like on a case-by-case basis.

• @Rawrzz ok. anyway.

• As I told you before... girls care WAY more about their partners height than guys do... so I don't understand why you're making such a big deal about this

• Did you read answers? Evet guy make it dead unfortunatelly.

• Looks don't mean anything if you have no interests, can't hold a decent conversation and have no personality. I've met the cutest and most attractive women that had nothing to say.

• I love people who are like you :D

• A woman's awesome attitude is the best feature around..

• Height isn't really an issue for women. When men are attracted to women, we focus on the face and body. In fact many men prefer shorter women or women who are at least shorter than they are. Women are the ones who generally prefer height in a partner, not guys.

• But they say "she have to be tall" when describing an attractive woman?

• Who is "they"? Most men don't give a shit about height, and many like myself, think short girls are sexy. I prefer a woman to be shorter than me, and I'm only 5'9.

• Looks are a factor but not the most important factor. My girlfriend is 4'10. I think she looks fantastic

• So there are more other factors? If I fullfill the other factors, my height wouldn't be a disadvantage?

• *awkward. Common interests, value, self-esteem and character matter much more. The adorable face helped too.

• So you dont care about looks tha much :D

• Looks are important, not really about height though.. the last girl I dated was 5'2"

• 5'1" is fine for a girl.
    Its usually the female that cares about a males height..

• Being short is independent of beauty.

• What dı you mean?

• You said: "The problem is, I am short, 5'1"
      No guy cares about that. they even prefer shorter girls.

• no bid deal for me

• Course people care about looks.

Anyway height doesn't matter NEARLY as much for a girl as it does for a male. Height wouldn't turn me off from a girl but I'm short so I'm biased, but I'm pretty sure I'd say the same if I was tall.

• It's far more ok for girls to be short than for guys. Plus short girls are cute.

• I think looks are important to some extent. but it's not the bee all and end all of.

• Looks are important to me. And there's nothing wrong with a 5'1'' girl.

• C) Looks have nothing to do with height, there are lots of hot girls who are short.

• Looks are important to me.

A girl being 5'1" makes her a little more attractive to me.

I would and have dated taller girls.

But her being 5'1" is a bonus.

• In Sweden you are very very short. I would not want a girl so short she have to be above 5'8"+. Think most guys think the same
    Harsh truth

• Looks are important to me, but i would still date a girl who is 5'1"

• People care about looks regardless what everyone says. not only that they also want a CEO in the making apparently only that counts as ambition in today's society

• I hate them because of this. Damn superficials

• I like your height tho, I think it's cute☺😊

• You have to be attracted to them

• Looks are important to me and I prefer shorter girls much more than taller girls. As short as 4' 10"

• is 5'1 short for a female? :(

• Why? By you being shorter, it just would add to your cuteness and make you more appealing.

• no, i think it adds unattractiveness..

What Girls Said 4

• Of course looks matter to SOME degree. We're not all walking around with paper brown bags over our heads, after all. But that shouldn't be the main reason you're attracted to someone. Personality and chemistry are what matters the most. Honestly your height (for a female) shouldn't cause you too much trouble. If anything, women are the ones who will reject a guy for being to short.

• Looks will always matter to some extent.
    No one is gonna date someone they're not physically attracted to.

• Is this the same freaking girl? Your height does not have to do with it!!!

• Honey, you can not change your height from now on. Why are you worrying? Guys who say "looks are important" are a. hole dcks ypu should avoid. Keep moving, I am sure there are guys who dont care about looks and your height.

• So you would date a guy you weren't attracted to?

• There is a great sum of evidence that would suggest all women are bisexual.

• @amphet11 i dont know about all women. I just know myself.