If a girl likes a guy but the guy doesn't like her back & they become friends instead, would the friendship last?

• Yes, it will because she'll accept that they will only ever be friends and respect his boundaries
  • No, being friends with him will only make her feelings for him grow more & she'll want more, it will become awkward

Most Helpful Girl

• It happened plenty of times that I developed a crush towards a guy but he didn't feel the same. Because of the circumstances we had to keep seeing each other, so I managed to stay friends. Eventually, after getting to know them better I noticed some things I didn't like about them and hence got over them. But still stayed friends. It happened once only that I couldn't stay friends with a guy. I met him on dating app and we had few dates. This guy was EXTREMELY good looking. I was insanely attracted to him. It was very sexual. We didn't kiss or anything and he told me he doesn't feel the same about me. He wanted to stay friends and I tried, but the feeling of wanting to have sex with him couldn't leave my mind. It was just a torture. So I ended the friendship. And it was the right thing to do.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 6

• I can't be friends with a guy i like unless I stop liking him. Which is easy because as soon as I find out or start feeling that a man doesn't like/ doesn't like me anymore I lose feelings for him almost instantly.

• I don't see why it wouldn't be able to last as long as you both want to be friends

• Usually not.

• Yea that could work, not a guarantee, but in most cases I think it coukd work out.

• It would be hard... and depend on the girl. I guess the guy would have to be worth the torture too.

Worth the torture?

Yeah he would have to be worth putting herself through still being friends with him when she wanted more.

• That's happened to me before and we still remained friends afterwards. I told him I liked him, I think someone told me he didn't feel the same way. I talked to him about it and he said it was cool and sorta smiled about it, and we still remained friends.

Did your feelings for him ever fade though?

So if he started liking you after a while, would you be open to the idea of dating him?

No i don't think so, answer mine?

What Guys Said 0