Girls, Would you date a really short guy like 5'3"?

I had severe scoliosis when I was 7 and they had to fuse my entire spine to fix it but that stunts your growth because you're torso can't grow at all when there are 38 titanium screws and 4 rods holding it in place. Also, I don't know if it matters but I have 3 brothers and they're all between 5'10 and 6'0 so that's how tall I should've been

1mo Thanks for your answers

22

Most Helpful Girl

• Fist of all, wow, you were 5'3 when you were 7? I was like, 4 foot. Second, height doesn't really matter as long as you are somewhat close to the size of a normal person, so 5'3 is good. I'm 5'3 and have mild scoliosis (17 degree tilt) so it's nowhere near what you had to go through. You really shouldn't compare yourself to your brothers though. I stopped growing at 5'3 for no reason and the rest of my family is freaky 6'2 tall, but that doesn't affect how often I can find a date.

In short (haha, get it), you're fine. Just try not to shrink lol

No I was shorter but my legs have grown. Everyone even in my extended family is between 5'9 and 6'0 and my arms are the exact same length as my brother who's 5'11 so I'm pretty confident I would've been somwhere in that height range if I continued growing normally

What Girls Said 21

• I understand scoliosis. My confidence took a trashing down because I was a dancer and I have 2 spinal curves at 33 degrees each. Nearly went for the op, but glad I didn't. Hope you're recovering well tho! Tbh, while a person's appearance is usually the first thing we judge, eventually, the chemistry between 2 people is the most important. If you're easygoing, I don't see how height will be a factor :)

I hope your back gets better without any surgery. Mine was 77° on one side and 44° on the other so I didn't have a choice about the fusion but you should definitely avoid it if you can. Over the years I've had 5 more major scoliosis repair surgeries because of various complications

Thank you very much for your concern :) Scoliosis doesn't get any better, but my bones appear to have matured. I hope you won't let physical appearance deter your relationship prospects. When a person's character is captivating, there's only one thing to say - beauty is only skin deep after all.

They do have braces and physical therapy but that might only work for extremely mild scoliosis

• There's nothing wrong with short guys, but I wouldn't date one. But that's just me, I'm sure there are girls who don't care about a guy's height.
    You'll find someone who likes you the way you are.

I understand. Everyone has a preference and there's nothing wrong with it. Thanks for answering honestly

That's true. But that doesn't mean there are no girls who like short guys.
      You're welcome. :)
      Thanks for not judging me.

• Sorry, but no. I'm 5'3 myself and I don't want a guy that's my height. It's just a turn off for some reason. But there are plenty of women who don't mind it.

• To be honest I doubt I ever will date a guy who is shorter than me, but there definitely are girls out there that would! And even if they were to only date taller guys, there are many many girls like myself who are short and wouldn't mind if their guy was short too. I understand why being a Male and being short must be embarrassing for some as I see posts on social media all the time about guys having to be tall all the time, but I take no notice of it because I generally think it's bullcrap. DO NOT beat yourself down for it, yes everyone has a type, but everyone is valid. Everyone is always wanted by someone, you just have to be patient. :)

It really doesn't bother me at all because I'd rather be short and alive than dead at 7 or 8 years old. There are enough short girls out there for me to find someone lol. I was just curious so thanks for answering

• Absolutely. I love short guys. I only date submissive guys though.

• Because I'm 5'6" no, but if I was shorter, absolutely

• I think short guys are cute but me being 5'5" I'd probably want to be shorter.

I understand. It can be awkward but I had that surgery when I was so young that I'm used to being shorter than most girls so it doesn't bother me anymore

Yeah, I usually think short guys are rather attractive but I think I'd probably just grab the shortest friend I know and be like "look how cute that guy is"

• I did and he wasn't right for me.. if you know what I mean..

I'm pretty tall so it was also very awkward at times.. hugging, kissing, etc.

• Sure I would. I'm 5'4"

• I'm really sorry to hear about that. I would not date a very short man though.

So if you liked everything else about a guy but he was really short due to a life saving surgery you still wouldn't date him? I'm not judging you at all. I'm just curious

Maybe, but it's highly unlikely.

• I never thought I would but honestly depends on the personality!!! Now that im older i would totally, everyone should be loved.

• Shorter then me no way.

• I wouldn't personally because I'm 5'10, but a lot of girls would if they're shorter or even a few inches taller. If you're a nice person that's all that matters.

• As a 5'4" girl, of course!
    I have never liked men who are so tall. I can not kiss and reach them. All over 5'9" are my friends.

• Short guys have some swag and their style is awesome ! So yes I would :)

• Nooo, I am sorry but is just my opinion. 5'3" is even short for a girl.

I know that but 5'3 and alive is much better than being dead at 7 years old so I'm perfectly ok with being short and I respect your opinion

Thanks

• I mean looks don't matter that much to me so yeah probably

• fuck no

• yes i would.

• Yea, since I'm shorted than that

• if you would date a really short girl like 5'1, why not? you are tall for me.

I don't care about height at all. I'd date a girl shorter or taller than me

5'3 is perfect for me. I dont like much taller