Guys, do you like a girl who sets some boundaries and isn't scared to put you in your place if need be?

If she does put you in your place what does that look like? Why is that appealing more so over a girl who doesn't express her frustration?

21

Most Helpful Guy

• Not so much put me in my place. But someone who speaks up, when something is wrong. Someone who doesn't just let things slide, because it didn't make them "that" angry. I don't want a girl who is passive, who will just take shit. I want a girl that tells me when something is wrong or something bothers her and doesn't wait weeks and months, until it builds up to the point she explodes. If you do that, then you're being an emotional coward. Because you're waiting until your inhibitions are lowered by pent up rage over time. It's like someone using alcohol to say what they really want.

If you can't do it sober, then I don't want to hear it. I want someone who is emotionally strong enough to come to me, with issues in a respectful manner. That silent resentment bullshit doesn't fly with me.

What Guys Said 20

• Yes because she is upfront with what she wants. I call it spunk and it's attractive. A girl who doesn't express herself, while not bad, makes it a bit more difficult on both you and her as the guy has to try to figure out what is wrong while the girl is still upset from what she's frustrated about. Communication is key!

• I've actually never dated, so I don't know how qualified I am to answer this question.

But I would, because I appreciate honesty and the ability to stand your ground. I know myself well enough that to know that while I'm usually pretty reasonable, I can't always be. And I would hate to do something we would both regret.

Again, I've never dated, but I imagine it would probably be like my how my parents used to let me know that I was out of line.
    "Hey, knock it off."
    "Sorry."
    Standard stuff.

Like I said before, I can trust people who don't hide themselves more than people who don't let me know. And I could easily know if I upset her, as to avoid doing so in the future. If I did date, I would only do so with intentions to make her happy, not act like a kid for her to look after.

That's my line of reasoning, it could differ for other guys.

• My girlfriend smacked me in the snoot the day we met; I love her for it. By all means, tell me what you're feeling. Otherwise, how will I know?

• Yes, that's called communication. And having borders and boundaries is called a personality. And putting me in my place is guts, and guts is enough!

• honestly, i want a girl that is wiling to call me out on my shit, it means she cares in my opinion. And it will keep me from making an ass out of mysef.

• I would think that's a really good thing as long as she's not a hypocrite and understands when I do the same thing.

• Nope. Fuck that.

• I dont want her telling me to tidy up or cleaning up my stuff i have a system it just doesn't look organized to the outside observer.

• I like it because I am a strong guy myself with strong personality and such girl would be great for me. I need someone to coreect me when I am wrong advice me and so on to be ambitious like me too would be good

• Yea, it's nice to have a girl that sees you as equals instead of one that thinks she's beneath or above you.

• One of the very main reasons a girl would suit me is just because of what you've said.. I'm a terrible brute, but, I'm smart enough to know a girl would straighten me out enough so I don't wind up in prison or blowing my gasket on someone

• Depends on what her boundaries are

• its nice to have a mature person that can makes things clear in a respectful way so things can be easier to change if need be, in order to make each other happy.

• Yes, and depends. I want a gal that will challenge me as an equal.

How so? Can you please give me an example

I think it's all in the delivery in how she puts me in my place.

• I like a girl who is not afraid to speak up, because she realizes I can't read her mind.

That being said, that means she should be receptive to me putting her in her place too.

• I want a girl who sets boundaries, i like being put in my place, i like bossy females

• Well, I mean your, asking kind of a strange question. I mean I absolutely would want a girl who expresses herself and doesn't keep her feelings bottled up, but by the same token I don't want a bitch

• When did they stop?

• Yes I sure do

• Only if she slaps me first and makes me kiss her feet, then if I do it again, she gets to whip me. . . I'll do it again. :)