Guys why do you do this?

My 33 year old neighbor and I went out for coffee as he invited me out. We spent 3 hours together and then he left for dinner at his parent's. He mentioned taking me out for dinner this week and messaging me as soon as he gets back. 5 hours later... Nothing. Is he not interested?

Most Helpful Guy

• He had dinner with his parents and then probably went home and went to bed. Give the guy some time.
    No matter what a man does, he is wrong in the eyes of a woman.
    If he contacts her too soon, he is needy and pushy.
    If he takes longer, he is toying with her affections and not interested.

I just don't get the point of a guy saying, I'll get in touch as soon as I'm done dinner and then not getting back in touch at all...

He may have thought that it was too late to call, when he was free.

Most Helpful Girl

• He's probably still visiting his parents or he went bed and accidentally forgot or he thought it might be a bit late. If he doesn't reply in the morning just say "Hey, so what's happening about those dinner plans" and he wouldn't of asked you out if he wasn't interested in you. Also generally if I'm interested in a guy and I tell them I will message them back after, I'm always about to but then decide I really need sleep haha

What Guys Said 2

• 5 hours? Slow your roll. He went to his parents he's probably still there. Maybe he has siblings and his nieces and nephews were there. Give it awhile. Yesh

• 5 hours? God, clingy much...

What Girls Said 2

• He probably is still interested! Guys can just be forgetful, give him a bit of time he'll probably remember soon! He could've just forgotten, mistakes happen! Don't put your entire potential relationship into whether he remembers to message you or not, give it time :)

• 0|0