Why does everyone think we are dating?

I have a guy friend who I go to church with and everyone thinks we are dating. We are not. We don't show much evidence of dating either. I mean I have this thing where I run jump and say catch me but i do that to everyone. We have inside jokes, talk a lot and sit next to each other sometimes but we rarely physically touch each other so why does everyone think we are dating?

What Guys Said 1

• Because religious people are judgmental

What Girls Said 2

• Probably because you hang around with him a lot and are pretty close with him. Don't worry, they're just reading you and probably don't really mean it. It's pretty common to be teased when girls and guys are close friends and hang out together. It's not an isolated incident! So don't worry about it, because if you just ignore them they'll eventually stop beating the dead hog and move on since it'll get boring for them.

• Maybe you have a weird chemistry between you. People think I'm dating my gay best friend all the time because we are super insync together.