Is 26 year age difference too much?

for a younger female to have a boyfriend 26 years older is that too much of a gap?

• No it's fine as long as you love each other
  • Try to find someone closer to your own age
  • No way too much of an age gap

Most Helpful Guy

• No it's never about the age , as long as both are legal age. And both are experiencing a bond together. There are no parameters or limits to your love for another. You two listen just to yourselfs only and do as you wish , never mind others.

Most Helpful Girl

• Whatever makes you happy. Love can't be controlled it happens in mysterious ways. It says you're 18-24 so you're considered an adult and can date anyone no matter how much older they are. As long as they treat you good and you love them that's all that matters. Who cares what other people think. It's your relationship not theirs.

What Guys Said 7

• Its fine

• not necessarily. They've had they're problems as all marriages do but Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones, and others, have shown it can work.

At the end of the day whether it's someone close to your age or older to me it matters more if someone cares and respects you, treats you right. No-one should have to put up with physical or emotional abuse in a relationship.

• Not at all. You're only dating your father or probably your grandfather...

• Only if you're like, 12.

• Do you that know that age is just a number?

• That is hugely outrageous gap

• Too much.

What Girls Said 16

• No but be careful. I was seeing someone with an age gap and after 2 years he flipped out on me that I have ruined both his birthdays when my efforts to take him to dinner before his birthday failed to meet his expectations. Then on the day of his birthday it also failed to meet his expectations. He then accused me of using him, not liking that he got attention and having to be the center of attention when I made pleasant conversation when we were out on his birthday. If he does take you out remember to pick up the drink tab, movie tickets or maybe dinner every now and then. I would buy movie ticket, pick up thinking of you gifts, have us use my new car, pay for street parking, visit him when he was out of town for work and apparently this whole time he felt that he was not enjoying his time with me. I actually have two questions on GAG if you want to know the whole story. Respond/message me about you view on the matter. I still feel like I messed up big time.

• Depends on age over 18, maturity, mentality and if they share similar things in common. The only thing that can be too much is between education, upbringing, career and different stages of a person's life. One maybe far more experienced over the other regardless of age.

• hmm.. its a lot really.
    but if you love him and he loves and together you are truly happy, dont mind a word from the world (:
    cuz it can either come from stereotypical people, or mean ones who can't see the love between you too, cuz they've never met theirs..

• As long as they both are consenting adults.

• At your age it's way too much.

• Personally for me that would be wayy too much. I dont think age is super important but it does play a role in what your interest/values might be and what your relationship/family goals are.

I also think about it like this... i'm 24 so 26 years would be a 50 year old. Now in ten years when i'm 34 do i want to be with a 60 year old? Probably not

• who are we to judge?

• If the relation is legal (if the girl is +18) and they both love each other, it's not too much. Would you rather be with someone who's 2 years older than you but unhappy or be with someone who's 26 years older but he makes you happy?

• Who cares.. as long as you're both of age. It shouldn't matter

• she is just another number hon.

• I was in love with someone who is 53 years old, he really was my true love until he got sick and left me. now he's back and wanting to see me but i have a boyfriend

• Depends. How old are you?

• Way to big of a gap

• r u serious!!!

• Its not normal. But hey. Anythings possible. As long as this relationship is legal

• it's ok as long as none of you is underage 👍 whatever does it for you, don't let other people give you shit on your love life