Just don't want a steady girlfriend. Anyone else feel this way?

Okay, I just recently got promoted at my job which I love very much. I am 20 years old, just graduated high school over a year ago and I feel things are going great for me, HOWEVER, there are times where I just feel these feelings of loneliness. It is during these times that people ask why I don't have a girlfriend or that I need a girlfriend. Why people, my friends and family in particular, would suggest this I have no clue. I had one relationship back in my senior year. To be honest I only dated her because I wanted a date to my senior prom, don't get me wrong we had some fun times getting to know each other, few dates and whatnot but it was short lived and she broke up with me right before the day of my graduation. Fast forward to present day and I'm still single and for the most part I'm happy. I can talk to and flirt with as many women as I want without consequence, I can do the things I love such as playing guitar, writing and singing songs, and working on my old pickup truck not to mention raising hell with the boys on the weekends when the working week is done. To be honest at this point in my life the only reason I'd even want a girlfriend, and not even a girlfriend but just a girl to go on dates with, is to have someone to hang out with when the guys just aren't available. Whether that makes me sound like a bad person or not is a different story but my question is does anyone else feel that they just don't want or even need a significant other?

Most Helpful Girl

• That's fine and no big deal. You are still very young so there is no rush to be tied down. Have fun! Just make sure you are upfront with any girl you ask out on a date and be clear you aren't looking for anything serious/exclusive. You are just looking for someone to have fun with. Then do not see her too often. Once a week max.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• I really, really do want a steady girlfriend.

• I kind of understand where you're coming from. I'm at a point that I don't want and am not looking for a girlfriend. I'm just happy with work and focused on myself at the moment.