Meeting his parents?

Got any tips on meeting a bf's parent for the first time, and things to avoid doing?

Most Helpful Guy

• Just be natural and show them how you feel about him.

My fiancé's parents HATED me, because they thought I had broken up her marriage. Not true, but it didn't matter to them. It took a long time before they were even willing to meet me. It only took that one afternoon though to change their hearts. They could see how I was with her, they could see how I treated her, they could see how happy she was and they could feel how much I loved her. They were never happy that she got divorced, but by the end of the first day, they loved me too.

Be yourself and show that you care about their son, and you will be fine. That is all any parent wants.

Most Helpful Girl

• Meeting his parents: I was nervous since he had really rich parents and lived in a huge crib. They were really chill though. A little too chill. Like I was just another one of his many "girlfriends" (which turned out to be true).

Him meeting my parents: he acted like the spoiled arrogant rich brat he was, than went upstairs and made me blow him. My entire family could hear me gagging o his junk and him moaning and slapping my ass and calling me his slut. My father acted different toward me ever since that day.

That's all the experience I have. He was the only boyfriend I had long enough to introduce to my parents. I was 18. Been getting fucked by another random asshole every month up until now. I wish I had better taste in men...

What Guys Said 4

• Don't dress provocatively
    Gauge yourself to them. For example, if they're quiet, act that way, but not too quiet. If they're boisterous, try to act in s somewhat similar fashion without deviating too much from your true self.

• Just smile and answer questions. Stick to your date like glue.

• Avoid showing to much

• say hi

What Girls Said 0