The age gap, how do I go about this?

my boyfriend is 15 years older than me, it took me a while to get comfortable around being around him as I'm quite shy, however, his friends are older than him and i find them intimidating, i feel i have nothing to bring to the table, i suffer with depression and anxiety, i know it could be all in my head but i swear they don't like me ahh, dunno how to go about it
around my own friends I'm totally different, very chat, but just can't seem to even form a sentence around these guys? help

Most Helpful Guy

• This is one of the cons to dating older people. Just be yourself. Understand you won't have a lot in common, so don't expect it and therefore don't get discouraged about it. It just takes a bit more time and effort to find topics that you have common ground with them.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is normal even if there is a small age difference. I feel this way around my husband's friends who have kids and act all "grown up," and they're only 5 years older. You just have to get used to it. It gets better with time.

What Guys Said 3

• Just keep doing what your doing and never mind everyone else's issues. About the table , you brought your self. Continue to be an asset. And just relax as long as everything is going good for you both.

Asker... keep in mind that he should always allow you to just be yourself and your age without expectations otherwise.

• He your boyfriend must be happy

• Whether there is an age gap or not, it isn't as likely to have things in common with "his" friends as it is to have things in common with your own friends. There's nothing wrong with that age gap.

What Girls Said 0