As a black woman is it ok to ask a white man out on a date?

He lives in my neighborhood and is so damn hot! We live in the south and I know a lot of folks may not like that so I'm nervous about that. He's always nice to me and has cut my grass many times and seems to check me out so I think he's interested. But I've been told interracial isn't worth it. But I'm kinda crushing on him hard. What should I do?

1mo Thanks to all who replied. Overwhelming response of YES ask him out its worth it! I think so too especially with shoulders like his 😜

Most Helpful Guy

• I know an old mixed couple that is from the south. She's black and he's white. They were together even before the civil rights movement. I've never lived in the south so I'm not sure how common interracial relationships are. I don't think it's abnormal where I live though.

Most Helpful Girl

• Whoever told you that is wrong and probably doesn't like interracial couples. I had a chute crush on this white guy and I told him how I felt about and he is now my boyfriend and we are about to celebrate our 1 year anniversary soon. So if you really like him and you think he is interested, go for it.

What Guys Said 25

• its 2016?

• I'm a white guy from the South and I think if you like this guy you should ask him out (if you want to). Screw what anybody else thinks. I really admire it when a girl asks a guy out.

• of course it's ok. go for it

• Nothing wrong with that. I like black women. But they don't like me so I typically avoid them because I don't want to deal with the guaranteed rejection.

• Ask him out, nothing fancy, coffee, or just hangout. Tell him how much you appreciate him and that you like him. If people don't like it, tell them to write a note, then take it with them home and kill them selves.
    You are a human, just like evrybody else and you have the right to find love just like anyone.
    Be brave and good luck.

• Go for it! why wouldn't he like you

• It's the 21st century, ask out whoever you like.

• Let me just ask the white guy committee real fast...

Yea they said it's ok.

• a lot of people STILL don't like that? Really? Like what's a lot, 10-20% would give you dirty looks or something?

you are right it's the significant minority that are against it. but those people can still make it really hard. my wife was literally spit on by a black person who was offended that we were together... a vocal or vehement minority can cause us to question our actions

• It's not the 50's/60's anymore. Go ahead and ask him out.

• Who cares what others would think, go for it!

• It's against the law, sorry

• Don't ask him out on a date. Ask him to hangout, and then see how it jives.

• Nothing odd or weird about it.. go for it👍👍best of luck

• give it a try, worth trying rather than keeping it yourself

• dude, feel free, live free or die. Be free.

• ask him out, the colour of someones skin shouldn't stop anything

• Yes.

• Yes of course.

• Of course it is ok. Answer mine?

• Gurlll, what you are waiting for? Give him that creammy booty of yours :P

• s3-media4.ak.yelpcdn.com/.../o.jpg

Do itttttttttt.

Uh, I don't live in the south, so I can't comment as much on the challenges, because though they exist where I am, they might be lower? But if he's doing favors for you and checking you out, those are pretty good signs.

• Its only odd if you make it odd. So don't. Treat it same as you would otherwise.

• This is kinda why the black and white seperation still exists. You see it as 'odd' to ask out a white guy

• Ask. It's worth it if you think it is. Screw what others think. Nothing wrong with it in my opinion.

What Girls Said 11

• There's no law against it so get at him sweetheart.

• Ugh, this is such a chick flick cliche, do I really need to say it? GO FOR IT. Interracials are the srongest! If you have yourself a Man.

• "But I've been told interracial isn't worth it." Oh my Lord, no, totally worth it. It's just like any other relationship, and hell this is 2016, racists will be racist, but don't let them affect you

• Oh my gosh!!! Ask him out! "Interracial isn't worth it," is a terrible thing to say or think.

• Ask him out! Absolutely..

• Why not? I've dated white guys and they didn't care.

• You don't need your race's permission. Only you can decide if it is worth it.

• uhhh g''head?

• Yes why wouldn't it be? This isn't the 1960's. ;P

• Lol
    Yeah of course...
    😂😂

• Absolutely! Who cares what color you are. Also who cares what other people think. If you guys like eachother then who says you can't go out