Why would a girl turn down a guy who was "perfect for her"?

I asked out a girl a couple weeks ago, after I had a conversation with her friend told me I was a perfect match for her and that I should ask her out. Well I asked this girl out and got shutdown pretty badly, I am still a little confused as to why this happened.

I am generally very humble but when I look at this situation it just kind of confuses me because we really are perfect for each other. I'm outgoing, handsome, and friendly, and she is quiet, beautiful, and shy. We just complement each other so nicely, I really like her a lot and after her friend told me to ask her out I was like "okay" assuming she would say yes, if her friends were telling me to.

I haven't spoken to her since, I see her in one of my classes but she always looks away when I make eye contact. Then she always rushes out right when class ends so I can't talk to her. I'm beyond confused as to why she is doing this. It seemed like she liked me, but then I asked her out, and now she doesn't even talk to me. What is going on here?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because she values you and considers you "perfect" it doesn't necessarily mean that you have that "spark" going on. Sometimes people can admire another person's qualities, without being attracted to them.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just because you might "seem" like a perfect match, doesn't mean that you both are. And from what it sounds like, she's avoiding eye contact and rushing away from you because she finds it awkward to talk to you after you asking her out. Maybe she wasn't attracted to you and liked you as a friend. Just do yourself a favor and move on. She's not showing any interest from the results of you asking her out

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• Her friend said you were perfect, not her?

• I'd talk to her friend. Ask her what her deal is.