It's a Monday, but was it a booty call? Why did he call?

So I matched with a guy recently, we haven't met, but we text consistently and there is good chemistry. We both have busy schedules, and he knows that, and we both respect each other's busy life. And to him he already said, "this is a good starting point/start for us as we understand each other and it is hard to find someone like that".

I texted him after work around 8pm, thinking he would be done for the night too - he didn't read my message/respond... then just before midnight, he called me, but I didn't pick up as I was going to sleep, and then he texted me saying "haha just called you for a quick chat if you were awake :P" - but he never responded back to the previous message I sent to him.

He also "reacted" with a love heart to a recent facebook post of mine - we've only been texting for about a week and a half.

Why did he call? Is it a booty call? Should I not take him seriously?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think it was a booty call. To me it would've been a booty call if he texted you like, "Hey. I'm free right now how about we meet?" Or some where along those lines. Like you said you both live busy lives so he was probably caught up with work and couldn't talk. I find it kind of lovely that he went above and beyond to call you for a quick chat instead of texting you back. I guess he wanted to maybe apologize over the phone and catch up with you before he called it a night. Take him seriously. He's got not bad intentions as far as I'm concerned.

• Most likely.
    This just happened one time so you don't want to conclude anything yet..
    But why would he not text you back when you sent him a text in the evening. and calling you 12am is rude.
    If he were a nice guy with some respect, he could have sent you a text saying he's busy that he couldn't respond you back before, and he's just checking what you up to.
    I don't know but don't judge him yet. It could have been that he simply wanted to hear your voice before bed. But I doubt that...