Is it unreasonable for a girl to turn me down and then tell me I need to ask her to homecoming in a more romantic way?

I asked a girl to homecoming by walking up to her and saying "Hey, do you want to go to homecoming with me on Saturday?", which I'm pretty sure is what she wanted, and she looked at me and then said no. She then proceeded to say "You are an awesome guy, and I want to go with you, but you gotta ask me in a better way than that".

I really don't think its worth it, I'm not the type of guy to do that kind of stuff so even though this girl is hot and nice, if she can't accept the way I chose to ask her I should go with someone else who will. What do you think? Who is the unreasonable one here, me or her?

BQ: Does it sound spoiled that she assumes I should ask her to go in a special way? I mean I'm only human, I thought asking her was enough but apparently now I need to do it in a special way, wtf is that about.

• It's unreasonable of her to tell me I need to ask her in a better way
  • It's unreasonable but I can see why she did it
  • It's completely reasonable, why didn't you ask her in a better?
  • You are a jerk
  • Other/No Opinion

Most Helpful Girl

• Well now you know her standards. If you don't want to meet them, don't. Find someone easier, more down to your speed. There is nothing wrong with doing so. But don't be upset if she goes to homecoming with someone else. Like she has no right to be upset with you for not taking her up on her offer, you have no right to be upset with her for having her exceptations. I think it's very reasonable of her to set her exceptations and to communicate them so that you have a choice. Like you have exceptations so does she. What is unreasonable, maybe arrogant, is excepting her to not have high expectations and being satisfied with the minimum effort you put into asking her out (from her opinion)
    We all have expectations. We all are looking for the person that shares a common core with those exceptations. Some people are low key others are high maintenance; And it's through experiences like this ( you asking her out and her response) that we learn what we want and what we are willing to put into a relationship as well as what we are looking to get out of that relationship. Take this as a learning experience, whether you go out with her or not. It will help you in future courtships, and relationships.

Most Helpful Guy

• You know, at your age it's common for both sexes to have some goofy ideas on relationships and human interactions. While it's not reasonable, I think you should understand that a lot of people your age have really romantic dreams. I think it's ok to not give in, but if you want to take her out, then why not bend backwards a little and give her a little bit of a fantasy? You might be able to trade it in for a hand job later that night.

What Girls Said 3

• I think her reaction is completely bullshit. If she wants to go with you, she should just say yes. She is just trying to play needlessly hard to get in my opinion. If you really like her I guess it's worthtrying. Otherwise I would suggest going for a girl with normal standards :D

• Yeah, honestly she sounds like an entitled bitch, you don't want to date that. lol imagine a poor guy proposing marriage to her, she would probably say no and ask him to make it more romantic too, smh.

• I mean you could've at least brought her flowers or something? But maybe telling you to ask again is a little excessive?

What Guys Said 3

• She's not worth your time.

• Dude wish I would have been in your spot and the minute she said you gotta ask me in a better way I would have walked away and said you blew your chance

• Don't take her.