I friend zoned him and now he is trying to make me jealous?

I met this guy through a friend, he is much older but filled the emotional void in my life. He really started to like me, texting me and asking me out. We went out a couple of times and we did make out. He would always text me and tell me he is thinking about me and I drive him crazy, and he adores me and wants to be with me and if I just want to be friends he will still be there for me. Things got a little complicated, his ex hangs out in the same group and isn't over him. He said she knows I only date 10's that are models/executives etc... (Im more attractive compared to him but I'm not a model or an executive, he is not a 10 in his looks but he is very loving and well off and I guess most girls might go with him for his money that he is always showing off). I said let's just be friends, he wasn't really happy about it but he said ok. But now he is going on social media and posting things about "date a boss and be a boss- build an empire"- Is he trying to say he can do better anyways? And "treat me like a king, and I'll treat you like a queen, treat me like a game and I'll show you how it's played, and then posted pictures of random girls online. Is he trying to make me jealous? What is the purpose of this? I am not playing games and don't like it, I just went through a monumental break up and don't need this drama in my life. I just needed him as a friend.

What Guys Said 2

• Sounds like you're both insecure and need to rely on other people's approval for self reassurance. Stop using him for emotional support, either date him or cut him off. It's stupid to knowingly keep this guy hanging around knowing that he wants you as more than a friend, because he's not a real friend, you're just using him. And as for him, he needs to develop some self value and move on. He's being pathetic and desperate right now, not to mention extremely immature.

• Sounds like you're jealous.

What Girls Said 1

• I think both of you are incredibly insecure. He may be doing that to make you jealous, but the fact that you're triggered by his behaviour should tell you something.