Why do many girls swipe right on Tinder but not even talk?

What's the deal with this? Why did they swipe right in the first place? Sometimes its with girls who are random who do this, but other times, its girls in my extra-currics or major.

Is this some sort of tease/feminist empowerment thing?

Most Helpful Girl

• Could be several reasons. Depending on how long they were swiping for, there's always a chance it was accidental, or that, looking back later, they realized they weren't that attracted after all. Sometimes in comparison to what you've been seeing someone looks fine, but then they turn out to not really be what you thought (I know it's superficial, but this is tinder we're talking about). Other times, it's something they noticed in a second look at your profile that just didn't seem quite right to them, or, if you message them first and it's not something they want to reply to, that can turn them away. I never reply to blatant requests for sex or anyone that calls me beautiful. I also stop responding to conversations when guys say they're into 'hanging out and having a good time.' Like, if you can't tell me one specific hobby or interest, it's just not gonna work out. For me at least, it's not about empowerment, it's a lack of interest. Can't speak for everyone, but I'm going to guess that's the case for most girls.

Most Helpful Guy

• Many reasons. They are either talking to people they're more interested in, like the attention, accidentally swiped, etc. who knows. I've swiped right to people accidentally or just didn't get around to messaging them.

What Girls Said 4

• attention.

• when i had tinder i would do that.

• Yeah some people just use it to rate people.

• Could be,
    Or they find you cute but not that interested..
    Busy talking to other guys they found more interesting.

What Guys Said 4

• They could just be there for an ego boost, or they accidentally swiped right, or you're buried beneath the messages they get from 20 guys they matched with.

• Validation.

• Probably because guys are meant to be the talkative one

• i swipe right on every single person but i only respond to the hot ones