5'10 and impossible to date?

I am obviously tall for a female. Which makes it hard to date cause even the tall men I meet want a short female. And the men that I do attract are always 5'7 or 5'8.

Any other female have a problem with this?

Most Helpful Guy

• You fall in the perfect range for a females height for me, and would be acceptable for most guys 6' plus. Maybe you're dating pool is smaller than the girl who is average height but you probably attract the tallest guys the most, where if you were 4'10 and was attracted to tall guys like me, well sorry but no chance at that.

What Guys Said 34

• Wait so your always attracting men 5'7/5'8 you already have guys approaching you, uhhh I am sure one looked good enough for you. Most tall guys want girl shorter than them not all some. I don't think your impossible to date, you just need to get out there and date who you want regardless of size.

• it's not impossible.

you'll find a guy just keep trying.

not all guys want some petite ass short girl who is drastically shorter than they are.

I personally prefer eye level, i think that is like fucking perfect. being eye level with your partner. then again, i've dated girls taller than me. keep trying.

• That's because you reject guys for being shorter than you.

Sorry, you get no sympathy from me. Poor, poor height queen.

• "And the men that I do attract are always 5'7 or 5'8."

So clearly not all men have a problem with your height. But it seems you have a problem with theirs, otherwise you'd simply date these 5'8" guys and problem solved.

• It's only impossible because you make it impossible via your standards to not date shorter men who would be into you

• I am surprised at this - I would have thought many guys would like a tall girl

• I'm normal height at 6ft and I tend to check out women your height and taller. I once checked out this really beautiful tall girl at the pool and every time she sees me she stares at me now just for checking her out once.

• Although that's rather tall for a lady I don't think you're so tall it should be a big issue.
    If you have a nice personality it should be possible to get in touch with a nice guy... though I wouldn't mind his length if I were you. If the person likes you give him a chance. You can still say no later on.

• I've always preferred taller women. That's just me. I'm 6'1"

• I LOVE the way tall women look. I'm 6'3" and I've never dated a girl over 5'7", but that's not because I wouldn't want to.

• "And the men that I do attract are always 5'7 or 5'8." So?

• I love tall girls

• Well, either date a 5'8" man or wait for a 6' (I hope that's tall enough for your standards, otherwise you're in a bit of a demographic pickle...) man who doesn't care about height.

• Question is, are you willing to date shorter guys?

• Please enlighten us as to why your man has to be taller than you?

• I think you're fine. I'd consider dating 5'10" only if I didn't need something to stand on to kiss a gal that height when the feeling arose (I'm 5'4" BTW). For me, I'm good with gals 5'8" or so. mmmm... legs

• I might be in the minority but I actually prefer a woman who's around my height as I'm 6'2. Having gone on dates with women who were 5'0 or shorter, it was awkward for me as I had to bend over to hug them.

• I come from a dutch ancestry, 5'10 is really average for a women where I stay. Kinda have a joke going for dutch people being so tall. I say it's evolution cause if the dyke breaks. XD

I'm 5'11" and short amongst guys. I'd date you no problem.

• I'm (reasonably) tall and I love tall girls. Stay determined! :D

• There are many 6ft or taller guys out there. I'm only 5'11 but w. e

• So you complain about how guys are judging you based on height and yet you are doing the exact same thing to guys that are 5'7, 5'8. Ehm hypocrite much

• Lol its sounds like karma that you won't date a guy that 2inches shorter than you.

• I'm 6'3 and I wouldn't mind going out with some one who is 5'10

• Chick is a chick for me.. I dated with woman who has same height with me, 6.0 ft 😎

• Im 6' and I would love to date you. I would date any girl I connected with even if she was taller than me. Hang in there.

• I love tall women. 5'10 is great, if only she has her body proportionate.

• Height never been an issue

• I understand your pain. I always attract shorter women too.

• U sound perfect to me

• I know a lot of 5'10 women who are happily married and didn't have problems dating, particularly, at least not by age 20.

Yes, many men are scared off by a 5'10 woman. However the majority of those are short men you weren't interested in anyway.

You are correct, even a majority of -tall- men often have a preference for short women, but for most of them, that majority is mild. More significantly, a large minority of tall men -prefer- tall women. You don't need every guy to like you. Just the right guys.

Finally, as a tall woman, you get everyone's attention first. Even guys who 'like short girls' notice you first. You're out somewhere, you get attention first.

So you better be looking good, in shape, dressed well. Don't waste that attention.

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 10

• You should have been here a few days ago when a (short) girl said guys only want taller women.

lol everyone has their own first world problems that are pushed to the front of the line right :P

• The tall friends I have often complain about this IF
    they don't have anything ELSE to offer those guys BUT
    have no problems with guys that find them attractive for other reasons, e. g.
    one really likes football/basketball TV and found a tall guy liking that about her A LOT; another liked to work on cars with her dad and found a guy that loves her company working on cars together; another found a short guy that might seem perverted to you, but he likes where everything lines up sexually.. just sayin'

• Lol yup I'm 5'10" as well and experiencing exactly the same. I didn't even mind dating someone shorter but then I was rejected by my first crush ever for being "too tall" (although he was almost exactly my height) and since then never even approached shorter guys & the ones that approach me first usually seen to have some kind of weird height fetish. It's like a mission impossible haha

What's wrong with being attracted to tall girls?

Do they constantly speak about your height? If no then you should have given them a go.

@Veryveryveryshyguy Lol first of all it's hardly enough short guys approaching me to begin talking about "them" in terms of constant encounters but the few I've met were indeed total creeps, they would literally stare at me up and down saying stuff like "you look like you're very flexible" or "You are so tall! How tall are you? 5'10"? That's so tall! I love tall women. That's so intriguing" ->>>>>> NOT normal >>>>>> NOT giving them a go. HELL TO THE NO

• My sister is 5'10" and men are constantly hitting on her. I've 5'9" and have been on a shameful amount of first dates.

Stop using your height as an excuse to be single. I know women even taller than you in relationships.

• I'm 5'11 and there isn't any problem like that. When I want someone in my life, it's not hard to find him cuz I'm tall. I actually think it's hard to find someone which is compatible with me.

• Yup welcome to my world! Im 6ft tall so I get it. I have dated people of all sizes, honestly it will just boil down to getting over the size difference. I finally found myself a 6'3 guy but good lord it took a while.

• height has nothing tovdo with it just find a guy you like for his personality

• look for someone taller before going on dates

• its not impossible. But if you're that tall and you want tall guys then its going to be a challenge. But if you don't care about hight then just find a guy that makes you happy.

• You just haven't met the right guy.
    I work at a retail shop where I get regular customers every week,
    I see many many tall married couples.
    Like they walk in together they look like they could be models lol kinda intimidate me...
    So I seen many many tall guys with tall girls.
    Tall couples are super cool!