First date gone wrong! Help me please?

Ok so I started talking to my crush 2 months ago and we met online through a Facebook group. We got along so well, shared the same sense of humour, interests, background and we love each other's personalities. On the phone I was pretty extroverted, we'd talk for hours sometimes, share stories and jokes.

I met him in real life yesterday night. He had booked a fancy restaurant and everything but when I saw him waiting there I got so shy. It wasn't normal shy it was like panic attack shy :( and I think he noticed. We did talk but our conversation didn't flow as well because we were just sitting there looking at each other and I got really nervous and couldn't look at him for a lot of the time and I could feel my face go Beetroot red. Was that a massive turn off? I'm usually not like that. :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Chances are you are being overly self-conscious and he didn't notice. If he did, if he's anything like me, he would have found it cute. Trust me, that won't have blown your chances.

What Guys Said 1

• I don't think it is a bad as you think especially for an online date where you haven't been around each other at all. It's very nerve-racking and exciting. I think the second date would go better.

What Girls Said 1

• that's totally normal and expected for a first date, I'm sure he'd be willing to try again. I know it takes me two or three dates to open up and talk freely :)