Please give advice?

I like one of my guy friends who apparently likes me but can't date anyone because of a past relationship that messed him up. This relationship was over a year ago. He continues to flirt with me and act normal but I'm just stuck. Do I wait or move on? If you need more info, I will provide!

Most Helpful Guy

• Well be direct when talking to him about it make sure nothing is misunderstood and either try for a relationship or move on because if he doesn't want it with you then you really shouldn't miss out on opportunities just for the simple hope that he might change his mind later. Give him a chance, tell him out right how you feel and what you want and explain that if he does not want that its fine but your going to move on because you can't stay in limbo forever hoping that he will suddenly change his mind. Either he will take the chance with you or you get your answer and can move on.

This si probably the most helpful opinion, it's what I've been thinking but too afraid to say outloud.

Yeah it might not be what you want but it will be the best thing for you in the long run. Hopefully it will go well, good luck.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sorry to hear you're going through this, if I were you I'd move on tho. You don't wanna miss out on a nice guy waiting for him.

What Guys Said 14

• You ask him if he will take you on a date like to a dance. Unless he is ready for a relationship. You should move on and let him crush on you until he is ready. Being 15 I doubt that you want to wait for him. Also don't let him into your pants. Don't be freinds with benefits that won't end well and he won't heal if you do.

There is a ball coming up, he said he wasn't going before and then he said he might, should I ask him to go as friends or just ask him to go in general?

Maybe say that your going and you would like him to come so you two can dance.

0_0 I'll just ask if he's going and if so then does he want to go together

• Made your intentions clear if he's interested then he'll make a move if he won't then you better move on and find someone else

• He likea you but doesn't want to date?

Personally, I'd be straightforward. It's the only thing guys really understand.

If you want things to go somewhere already because you are tired of waiting tell him.
    Or If you think he's worth waiting for to come around, you can do that.

He needs to realize that relationships all come with some amount of risk of being hurt emotionally.

How long has the been going on?

5-6 weeks

That's a pretty long time. Well if it's just playful flirting and he's not trying to turn you into his fuck buddy, then by all means wait if you really like him that much.

Even if you like him, it's not like you're exclusive. Talk to other guys, expand your horizon. If there's another guy you like go and talk to him too.

Who knows he might start getting jealous and want you for himself then.

Get one of your closer female friends to ask him how he feels about you. And if he could see himself with you. Don't girls usually do this?

I personally recommend you forcing the relationship on your own, use things around you to nudge it in the direction you'd like to see it heading.

• Just move on. If he has not got over his past emotional hurts , he may never be ready to love you completely.

• If you like him, you should wait for him.

• Don't wait around and waste life. Go be with someone who can be there with you.

• Who cares about the past. If signs are good then go for it.

• This is where most women would give me a ultimatum.

• Need more info.

• What do you mean he can't date anyone? Is that a self imposed thing or something an authority figure told him? If you like him and he likes you then there's no reason he shouldn't want to at least try dating you

• Your friend has a bs excuse

• i think you should make the first move. some guys are just too timed... i wish i wan't.

He's a confident guy tho so why would he be timid about it?

Those are some real words of wisdom, do you suppose that he puts up a confident front but isn't as confident?

thanks. that is one possibility another one is that he could possible hold you in a higher regard. from what i can understand-he has no issues around other girls-but he chokes around you.

• Don't date him, just be fuck buddies

• Just ask to hang out sometime. Don't make it about dating. Just spend a lot of alone time with him and he might be more comfortable with you and then want to date when he feels safer around you.

We've been talking for 4-5 weeks, we've hung out 3 times in public. Hanging this Saturday.

What Girls Said 6

• I don't know girl.. I got hurt 2 years ago and still don't wanna date nobody.. give him time or move on!

• move on, you're not being fair to yourself and you know it, you just can't admit it yet.

Yeah, deep down I know but I don't want to move on and not give him a chance to feel the same.

• Move on, you're 15, too young to worry about one boy.

• Mind games are something a blunt do not play with. Either he's really interested or he's not serious

• It's only been a year. You can give him some time.

• I need more info to respond to that.
    Is it you that feels stuck?
    or
    Is it him that feels stuck?

I feel stuck, we're not dating but we like eachother and other guys are flirting with me and asking me to the ball.

Have patience, that is the key. If nothing happens then move on if your heart can.