Is the modern dating scene really as bad as people say it is?

I read an article earlier today describing how bad the current dating scene is. It described in detail how both men and women play petty and useless games in dating. It also went into detail on the lack of maturity and communication out there. Now i've been single for quite a while now but my last crush played some of the games that article described (eg. Ignoring texts and one word, leading me on, etc.) instead of just communicating what she wanted. She is just however one person out of billions so I'm wondering if that's just how the game is nowadays.

1mo I was able to find the link to the article: thoughtcatalog.com/.../

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never dated, but from a lot of people's experience, even on GaG and places like Yahoo Answers!, yes its that bad. The only ones who won't see it bad are the ones who do play those games. My advice is stay single as long as you can until you actually found a person who shares the same views as you. Who is mature and doesn't do anything that the article speaks of. To tell you the truth, this is why I'm been avoiding dating for years. I hate this modern way of dating. And I'm happy being on my own. These people are just going to make you more resentful, miserable and if your not bitter yet by not knowing any better. Your bound to eventually because of all the bad experiences. So if you decide to date, its best to memorize that list, get your morals, views, faith and believes together, find out what your looking for in a woman, what you want and mainly NEED in a dating partner/spouse, wither or not your looking for a sexual relationship or you don't, etc.

But she is right on the money though. There are good genuine people out there. But you will have to fight a lot harder to look for them. That's all that I can say. But I think you need to realize that both men and women play that game.

Most Helpful Guy

• The whole ignoring texts thing is so ridiculous. It's like all girls went to some secret class one day and were taught that they must do this and somehow it's polite.

It's so disrespectful. Even a girl I know a female friend who became single, has started doing this to me. Wtf?

@ElissaDido you were asked about a threesome on date 3?

What Girls Said 8

• Yes it was much better in the past.
    Now you're expected to have sex on the first date and a threesome with his bestfriend on the third date.
    People don't even take the time to talk and get to know each other!

• Only if you date shitty people.

• Nope.

• Lmao no you just have to find the right people

• It's better, babe.

• It's actually a lot worse than what people say.

• Yea it is

• It really is that bad, yes. So bad, that I'm scared to continue with this guy I'm talking to now. I don't want to be hurt again.

What Guys Said 13

• Yes it's terrible. Women over think and analyze shit and guys try to hard to impress her. Both forgot that while they were friends they didn't have worry about all that. Dating is a hassle cause girls think that guys like this, this, this. But reality is we don't. Guys sit up there be laid back but inwardly is nervous about stuff that dont matter. Like should I do this, should I say this. They add there own burden.

that's the problem with most guys they constantly think they have to do something to progress their relationship when in fact most of the time it's best not to do anything at all.

@That1tallguy Take what guy352 said to heart. This is how you lead by following, it's quite strange, even considered a mind game itself, but it goes with the ebb and flow. And when you focus on you and improve yourself, they'll reward you. That's why begging for sex is a turnoff. It's also a good idea to talk to lots of girls to help your odds, but you make the first move, you're not sure if she's the one you want, but if you conform to this formula and modify your standards, the "one" will reveal herself to you. And remember, if you let yourself slide, so will she.

@That1tallguy And when they do reward you, make sure it's something you want besides f***ing sex. They are human, there's more to them than what's between their legs. Or else some of the "rewards" they give you won't seem rewarding at all. But that's up to you what you prefer. I think that's a big problem with all these fading relationships (boredom), they can't keep the spark alive by being genuinely interested in each other and continuing to grow.

• I wouldn't worry how good or bad the dating scene is buddy... People are always going to complain and others are always going to put them down for it. We are human and we remember the 9 bad things that happened and not the 99 good things... the lucky ones of us choose not to participate in the games of luck or misfortune... If we find someone, we want to pursue... then why shouldn't we?

• it is only bad if you add to the bullshit as well. If you're direct, honest, and respect yourself enough to know that you don't have time to deal with bullshit it gets much easier

• Oh it's bad.

If you show interest in a girl, she stops liking you.
    If you don't show interest in a girl, she whines about how you don't like her.
    If you don't pay for a girl on a first date, you're cheap.
    If you do pay for a girl on a first date, she says "I can pay for myself, I'm a real woman!".

I could go on.

To be fair, I can only imagine what the girls must think of the whiny guys nowadays.

So on point they don't know what the heck they want. The dating scene is full of mind games and you have to push through all the b. s to find that special someone

@That1tallguy The winner's strategy is to just not take dating too seriously anymore. I don't even take my girlfriend all too serious anymore unfortunately

Very true one of my favrite quotes is no expectation no disappointments the less you give a fuck the happier you'll be. Every one will eventually learn that lesson the hard way

• it's hard. perhaps harder than in the past but i definitely don't think it's as bad as some might make it out to be

• Yip. And women created that environment. Excellent article. It is so so so true. Like I can feel her emotions the way she describes it. I've said it a bizzilion times on here: I can, and have passed university with distinction, managed to get into another country on my skills, use my talents to create most things I want. But women and the game...

Fail. Fail. Fail. burn. Crash. Fail.

And people give me shit for promoting prostitutes. Rather that, than all that bullshit that article rightfully puts on the table.

Hey I actually respect prostitutes. If there's one group of scantily clad women that actually work hard for their money, there ya go.

Cheers man

@10dsw my thoughts exactly;)

I have a escort that's a drummer in my band and she is amazingly talented (and earns more than all of us)

@10dsw
      LMFAOOOO!!! My lungs!!! But i agree at least there's a guaranteed lay at the end of the transaction.

• It is worse than people say.

• sounds interesting Link it?

• According to the internet...
    I dont know though, if it truly is that way...

• Yeah. It's super bad... and not like the movie.

Get married young if you can because you don't wanna go out into this mine field.

• Yes, it's even worse than you think.

• Yes it def is bad.

• I'm 45, my marriage of 18 years disintegrated a year & a half ago & I can't make heads or tails out of what's going on out there anymore. The game has certainly changed since I was single 20 years ago. Apparently, If I tell a woman that she has a nice figure or even that she looks nice it can be construed as sexual harassment nowadays. Also, it seems like a lot of today's women opt out of wearing their wedding rings. I don't know what I'm gonna do.