Why do you think girls like bad boys?

Why do we do this to ourselves? lol why do girls especially good girls like bad boys? I think I'm a good girl but I do like the more adventurous guy as opposed to a good boy. But Im talking to this guy and he's on another level. He's already been to jail and he just really "out there." To be honest, it attracts me but I think its cause he is really smart, he just acts stupid. I look at it as like yes he is messing up and possibly learning his lesson little by little, but its usually the ones who get into trouble that turn out wise later, or at least SOME OF THEM. Others stay as idiots. But what is it about that "bad boy" image? To me, it's that-hes just been through life and it turns me on as opposed to someone like me who's naive.

Most Helpful Guy

• I dont think you need that to experience life... a good friend of mine is probably one with the most blessed life I know (his upbringing and his own doing). he's not a bad boy by any means, but he's impressive, I've never met two of him. he's constantly had his shit together in all areas of life and wow... he's lived a full life.
    If he stopped living now, hed probably have lived twice what I lived in the same timespan.

He won't need to have been through shit and come out wiser later cause he already is wise and applies it...

So I dont think its that ^^

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never intentionally dated a "bad boy." The only "bad boy" I dated was a dude who acted like the typical nice guy and turned around and went psycho.

I just don't date assholes who will hold doors for you and then bitch about how I didn't automatically give him my number either.

I like balanced dudes that don't rely on ass-kissing OR assholery to try and win my affection.

What Guys Said 21

• I don't really know haha. I can't say I fully understand girls at all. I've made progress but I think answering this question in a simple way is probably wrong. I think maybe in the past when we evolved it mattered less if a guy had a good heart and more how confident and strong he was, it gave the female and the children a better chance. It doesn't matter how nice a guy is if he gets his skull bashed in if a oponent arrives. But that's just a guess and the beginning of a answer. As I said I don't know. Personally I've just been myself and been very open, honest and nice with girls.

• These guys ooze lots of masculinity, and that is very attractive to women.

The "bad boy" traits are simply tolerated by women. The masculinity traits (looks, behavior, personality traits, etc.) is what they REALLY want, and would prefer a man with those traits WITHOUT the "bad boy" stuff.

But those masculine, non-bad-boy types seem to be more and more rare.

Most girls feel they have to pick bad boys, or genuinely nice guys who aren't masculine much at all. :-/

Yeah I kind of agree. I like the traits that come with them but if only they can not do the "bad stuff" they do, things would be better. Like this guy i'm talking to, he's confident plus smart but he likes trouble so if he can just not actually get into trouble, I'd pursue him. Otherwise, I think he's just someone I would only "talk and date" not settle down with.

• That's a good question but unfortunately that's true. No doubt.

• I guess it's exciting, plus in a prehistoric society some of these guys would be pretty dominant. There's also the fact that handsome guys notice they can get away with a lot (both in society and with women) so they can become assholes the same way pretty girls can become brats.

• Because they cannot measure up to the good guys standards, It's easy to be a bad girl and date a bad guy but it's super hard to be a good girl and date the good guy

• I don't think being a bad boy requires going to jail or having a criminal record. Nor do you need to be a bad boy to have confidence.

I don't think all girls go for "bad boys" but the ones who do and seek out abusive partners only to complain about them yet want them back are the ones to avoid anyway.

I hate that assumption because it's like what am I an asshole or bad boy all of a sudden when I have sex or a date with a girl?

Well that's how girls in general feel when they can't have fun with a guy. For instance, I think I'm just gonna have fun with this guy because he's not someone I can see myself being serious with because he's not "hubby material" just like guys call some girls not "wifey material." It's interesting and a little frustrating to learn that guys never been scrutinized for not being "hubby material." Just like there's not so wifey material girls out there, there's plenty not so hubby material guys too. They just never get attacked for it like girls do. So with that being said, I'm gonna have fun with this guy like guys have fun with girls who are not someone they can see themselves serious with.

And I shouldn't be scrutinized and called something bad like a slut for wanting to have fun with a guy and not be serious with him just like guys can have fun with a girl and not get scrutized

• they like a guy that is actually an individual and not a guy that just goes with public opinion, or the mainstream or whatever.

• not having gone to jail or avoiding stupid behavior doesn't make you naive. Plenty of good guys have experienced life and many different things they just don't involve stupidity or illegal activities.

• Women like drama

• Both the excitement and the desire to tame/save him and earn his undying devotion.

• some are broken, some like some of the traits they have but not the entire character, and some... have no options and will settle for less, as simple as that.

• It's not the bad acts that you like, it's what those acts say about him. Bad boys portray qualities that most women are attracted to like power, influence, success, and the confidence to flaunt it.

I guess this makes the most sense to me.

As in why I would find them attractive

• Because bad boys approach and act more confidently than nice boys. Next question.

• We're good in bed.

• Most of em' want to be used hah! 😎

• Because they have initiative and confidence in spades.

• 1 low self esteem
    2 opposites attract
    3 you think anyone else is boring
    4 you like drama
    5 you don't have good taste in guys

• Because you're submissive and want to get fucked hard.

• Interesting. I dunnno. I think exciting guys are what girls like. A guy who is actually bad, I only think a stupid girl would prefer.

So what you want is a guy who is actually genuinely good - attractive, confident and genuinely nice. Who is also exciting.

But sadly down to peer pressure a lot of girls seem to act more slutty around guys who are not as good as those guys and more bad, just because. They act innocent round the good one?

I think saying anyone who isn't bad is just some generic shy person is silly. The bad people aren't good lol in the same way an attention seeking girl is not attractive, no matter how in my face she is.

Can u hep me out on this question? it might actually help you as it discusses bad people too! www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2149531-do-women-let-some-men-get-away-with-more-see-description-first

I think I'm just gonna have fun with this guy just like guys like to have fun with bad girls. You know that term "wife her up" ? Well same applies to him as in I'm not gonna "hubby him up" cause he's not husband material like guys say about bad girls (sluts, rebellious, trash) not being "wifey material." Actually I've NEVER heard people say that when it comes to good and bad guys... it's like girls always get the bad reputations. So in this case, I'm gonna have fun with this guy but just cause he's def not hubby material

I see, but what I'm saying is wouldn't you have kinky fun with a hubby material guy?

E. g. for me, you might say a girl is wifey material, but clearly you're not going to marry any wifey girl. So if I'm going to have sex, have it with wifey girls. That's so hot in my opinion. Someone innocent being naughty. Eventually one of those will be the wifey. Make sense?

Can u check out my question pls?

• Or maybe you're just attracted to him, physically, regardless of who he is. After all, physical attraction is 90%

I think so too, not just physically but just the way he is. However, he's not the type I would be serious with. Just like guys say "she's not wifey material" same applies to bad guys, they're not "hubby material." It's actually interesting how it's yet another double standard where the girl gets called all these names and the guy is free to do whatever the hell he wants without being judged. Well idc I'm gonna have fun with him and I'm not being a slut just like guys can have fun with girls and it be called manwhores.

I'm def not going to have sex with him but I'm just going to have fun, which will include going out, kissing, flirting, etc. If he wants sex well he can find it somewhere else.

So you're basically going to be a bitch?

• It is because they show off attractive things that women want like confidence, looks, knowing that he likes you, and he is not afraid to be aggressive. Where as a guy who likes you and really cares about you sometimes needs to learn some of those things.

What Girls Said 5

• A bad boy is someone who does drugs and beats you up, not someone who is confident, masculine and adventurous as it is often claimed. Most girls do not like actual bad boys.

• I don't like bad boys

• I never find those jerks attractive!! I like nice cute boys 👌💕

Where the hell can we "good" guys find women like you? Because the majority of women I meet to prefer the more aggressive and abusive men and then come crying to me for comfort when they're heart gets broken over and over.

uhhh do u have a crush on someone that does that?

not particularly. While I'm happy to give my friends support. I prefer women who are emotionally stable and self-aware

• Speaking for myself , i love "bad" boys because they don't give a flying fuck about anything, they're confident and manly, they take the lead, they protect , they fight , they aren't pussies when they like a girl , they approach her and flirt with her like a boss and if she says no then he doesn't give a fuck and goes on to another girl. Unlike, nice guys that cry like little babies when a girl rejects them and it takes them like 5 years to actually approach the girl they like and even then they act like socially awkward creepy cunts. BAD BOYS FTW!

• There's no "we" because most girls I know prefer good men who will enhance their lives not bring them drama and bs.

Having said that, not everybody who's been to jail is necessarily a bad person. They've just done something bad. Small, but subtle and significant difference. You can have a good guy who's done something bad.

Well I think if you repeatedly do bad things then it says a lot about you. A few mistakes won't define you but once it becomes a pattern then that's when you should start questioning.
      But when it comes to this guy, I think the reason why I like him is cause he is a good guy and he comes from a well rounded family but he just does dumb things. So I'm trying not to judge him by his past but it looks like he isn't looking to move on any time soon