Do I need to quit GAG?

Hello,

I really like GAG, I like talking to people, helping people, reading mytakes.

The problem is I am not getting over this crush I had on this girl, I am not sure if this site is helping me or hindering it. I have other issues as well, but it has been a year and I can't get over her.

I ask questions about her, or about how I feel everyday. I talk about her in my answers and am constantly thinking about her.

So is it a good idea to quit? Or will it make no difference in me getting over her?

Does anyone have experience?

1mo Not going to Deactivate, but I might take a break after I make arrangements of my questions and messages.

I will see if it helps, but it's hard. I really loved her and think about her a lot.
1mo Thanks for all the answers, you guys cheered up...

Especially my new friend xD xD xD

Right now, I am just trying not to answer heart break questions, or any questions I have to think about her and It has helped a bit :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't quit. I'm a sensitive person and I understand how you feel. I'm currently down with depression this past couple years and I just received a mean opinion and it made me give up hope and I kinda felt like deleting too but seeing this post made me believe there are good people out there. You seem to have a big heart and we need more people like you in this world. I know how hard it is to let go of someone you love. I have had my heart broken by family and it really hurts. I'm here to talk if you want to talk or vent to get your mind off things.. :(

Thank you so much :)

Don't worry about bad opinions, some people on this site don't care, just ignore them and focus on the good people :)

Yes it was! xD

Yes xD

Most Helpful Guy

• i don't know if you need to quit or just perhaps dwell less on the matter. i think the fact that you ask questions daily shows that you simply haven't gotten over her but i don't know that you can blame the site for that as i think it is really just about you.

if using the site less will make you dwell on the ex more then sure quitting may be something you need to do but it may not make you think about your ex any less

What Girls Said 12

• Don't Deactivate but Take a Break from Here, dear. Focus on you now.
    Perhaps with being too Close to the Sticky Situation, all of the Dealings on Gag have Brought just more Feelings to your own Heart, and you can't Seem to Tear yourself Apart.
    Good luck. xx

lol! Don't forget me here, dear. xx

Thanks Paris!!! xD

You as well, my True Blue Friend!! xx

• i can understand the problem of closure but you have to understand that in life things will not always get cleared as we wish it and may stay the way it's uncomfortable for us forever
    I had actually TWICE experienced love without closure and it's definitely the worst. I can only give you advice that you gotta get STRONG and deal with being ok w the things they way they are cause you cannot change them. That girl ain't for you, you already know that; but your emotions are the trouble. I advise to avoid her at all costs and work on self control. Focus on other girls. Work on your self esteem and life in general. And know w time things change, they will never stay the same no matter how it seems they will. It may take years to get over it but hang in there and get strong and don't waver.

Yes emotions are my trouble. What can I do?

I will work on self esteem and try to focus on other girls and stay strong. I feel like I am over her, but these emotions are screwing me up a lot and I don't know why.

try to do anything you enjoy in life
      spend more time w people you care about and make you feel good
      be very harsh on ysf about certain things you need to change, like stop thinking about this girl
      you can also write down all negative about her and repeat it to ysf when you think about her
      know that you don't know everything
      know there must be so many amazing girls out there and way better than her
      know things in life change as I said
      repeat all this in your head and write down and read in times when you have it hard
      I myself wrote down many self estemm quotes that helped me to get better at it and read them
      I posted here in this question a lot of good quotes about that
      www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2148118-how-to-stop-being-insecure-how-to-stop-caring-what-others-say

• go inactive for a while, and try to see how things go. Look when someone talks to you and he is always unhappy, you feel like you are sad too. Maybe because you see people here always asking about their gf/bf, you start thinking you don't really love her. Just go inactive for a while,

• It is a place to vent while you work through it. But trust how you feel

• I dont think it will make much of a difference to be honest...😊

I see. . well its not a bad idea to experiment and see if it helps...😊good luck. ..

Welcome...😊

good on you... Its a good start. ..😊

• Don't make a hasty decision by deactivating just yet, just go inactive for a while to see if you feel any better and more positive. If you do , then make a decision of whether to deactivate or not

• Sounds like she's on GaG. You should take a break then come back when you feel like you've moved on from her

She is not on gag that I know of.

But I constantly search for questions or people that her age and try to see if it's her. But I haven't found her yet.

You don't need a break from Gag, you need to divert your attention else where and not to a girl you think that could be on GaG. It's going to drive you insane

How do I divert my attention elsewhere?

She is driving me insane.

• You should go if it's this much of an issue

• Bye 👋👋

• You are going to drive yourself mad before you get your closure. Quitting GAG probably won't be helpful because then you'll start digging somewhere else.

I have done it.
    Painful experience.

• Seriously dude, I don't think those issues will fade away even if you quit. Ultimately, why don't you just take a break instead of deactivating?

• Why does the site make you obsess over her though? I think if you're that obsessive type, a website doesn't make or not make you act obsessed.

What Guys Said 8

• Not getting over a girl is human, she may have felt like the girl of your life.
    If quitting GAG would help forgetting than you could consider it, or take a break.
    However, take into account the opposite may be true as well: on GAG you may find listening ears that you may lose when leaving. That's a decision you'll have to make for yourself.

• I think the good thing about this site is that you can also know more and new people.

Does she at least knows? Does she have a boyfriend already?
    If yes... man, you gotta know new people, you will start to get interest and low your dependency about her.

• Is she on GAG?

No, not that I know of.

But I try to find questions that relate to her, or people her age to see if she is asking about me :)

No clue, the whole situation is a mess:
      www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2150373-confused-unable-to-move-on

• I think you should still and you'll get over your ex in due time. It's nice having you here!!

• Take a break

• I came back on here and people don't know who i am i been
    on here with the last account was back in the day but things
    didn't change much but i like it better now cause i think there
    is less bullies but who knows life goes on wish you the best.

It's a good site, just ignore the bad people and trolls.

I am just trying to get over a girl.

Leaving gag, did it help?

It does help leaving and coming back with a complete new account and make it private so no one can view your account and only accept people who want to follow you not ones who don't
      and if you met a girl from here just make new account, something totally different but watch who you accept and further more don't accept her back, be strong and tell your self you can do it , allow her to stew for the hurt she done to you.

• I'd suggest you stay. As you are obsessing this is a place where at least you can obsess safely; it won't matter if you leave here or not and it will not expedite the process of getting over the matter.

• i banged ur crush ;)

Doubt you are good enough for her, I have seen her boyfriend.