Should I try online dating one more time?

I've been a single lady for over 6 years now.
Used several different dating sites, some I even paid for. Even EH, 100$ for 6 months and every time I checked in they had no matches for me.
I've been on so many dates and meet & greets, but none of them stuck or were a good match (imo)
It's been years since I abandoned the use of online dating.
Should I try it again or just carry on as I have been?

• Give it another go
  • Don't do it

Most Helpful Guy

• Try both online and going out to look for men. Most likely love will find you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Try some free ones, then at least you're not wasting money. I joined a social group (for nights out etc), and loads of people get together that way, or at least get some dates from it. Good luck!

What Guys Said 15

• Try again. Forget E-Harmony, it's owned by a right-wing fundamentalist. I found love on match. com twice but that was a while ago For all I know, Match. com is now the MySpace of online dating.

Depending on where you live and how far you are willing to go, it can take a while to find someone. I had about 17 first dates and no second dates the summer before I met my wife.

But you should also make an effort to make connections offline. I was pretty lonely for a while, then met a fantastic group of people, and there were several single women I would have been happy to date if I had been single.

• Yes. You should be dating. Try OkCupid and try Plenty of Fish. You have men messaging you. You don't wanna let life pass you by. Good luck!

• that's crazy that eharmony wouldn't even provide matches. i would've demanded my money back because if they can't provide you with matches then they really provided you no service

It wasn't worth the fight. there's a clause.

Thank you

• why not do both online and irl

unless it's the guys I work with men don't talk to me in real life.

we're 2 random strangers on the internet but i think you're pretty chill so far. you seem to have a likable personality.

lol, well thank you! :-)

• In my opinion I say give it another try, there are genuine people out there online, but I know they're rare and hard to find and trust. I prefer dating someone in real life because you get that interaction up front right there and then. I've tried online dating and had bad experiences, a lot of deceit and getting my hopes crushed when i finally met them in person. Have you ever tried speed dating? It's a good way to meet someone in person and if you click with them who knows where that will take you. It would be something to try if you haven't and probably better than an online site where you have to pay or meet someone that's not who they say they are.

Thank you, I don't know if there is any speed dating near me.

Yes muffinguy that is EXACTLY correct.

We love each other like we've never loved anyone else. And we both cherish our friendship dearly.

I hope you both can find happiness even if its not with each other, but if it does happen between you to, then it would be a blessing.

• I'd say stay , I think OK Cupid is good because some people write an awful lot about themselves and answer a shedload of questions. Even though there are far many more men than women on this site I've found people I'd really like to go with there , only problem is non of them so far have found me to be the ticket. Sorry if this is a site you've been on and found nothing on.

• I would say test the water with free sites/apps first. OK Cupid isn't awful. I know EH is rather expensive. Elite Singles is worse. You could try Zoosk as well. Lots of options.

• Nah, it's a terrible way of looking for someone and if it hasn't happened after 6 years it's not going to happen. You have to be assertive offline.

• If you are going to turn down guys because they send dick pics then you will never find an online date. If you can get past that and don't mind starting off with sex very soon in the dating game then online dating is for you.

• Give it another chance. :)

• try it again but be careful there are psychos on them sites

• Don't do it

• what a waste of money and time online dating is

go to bars. events. whatever interests you. speak to people randomly wherever you go. that is how you date.

show a photo while you're here, im curious

• You can use it and put yourself out there, but don't take it too seriously.

Not being pessimistic but online dating can lead to disappointments if you take it too seriously.

And I'm in the same boat as you where I've gotten lots of dates but none of them stuck around or they just weren't a good match.

• Just post a picture of yourself on here and tell what you are looking for with the title, "Would you date me?"
    It's free.

I'd like to think I'm not that insecure or shallow.

I'm a cute woman.

All the guys I work with and my guy friends say any man would be LUCKY to have me.

Date one of them then.

They're all married. Lol. plus, I work with them.

I don't date people I work with.

What Girls Said 2

• I post up every time I'm single. I think all my bfs since 07 have been from online dating. don't worry about the apps matches, just respond to the guys who inbox you that are attractive and ignore the rest

That's a problem too... many of them are NOT attractive. Lol

or they're very codependent

or they instantly think I'm some kind of dominant looking for a toy to abuse.

ayecavault

• Rather spend that money doing something you love ❤

That's not a concern, but thank you.

Lol. Aah I find it difficult to meet guys too.

Sometimes I think I'm ruined because I work with all dudes. (no lie, I'm the only chick.)

so even though I might wear a dress I still come across as one of the guys. :-(