How important is it for your partner to have an active, healthy lifestyle?

I'm only asking from a health standpoint, not necessarily a looks standpoint. I know some people who eat healthy and workout and moderate their diets and activity want the same in a partner, even if their partner may be a little heavier or maybe not the hottest thing in the world. But some people genuinely don't care or have a double standard for their partner.

So how important is it for you and your partner to share the same active, healthy lifestyle?

• I have an active, healthy lifestyle and would like the same of my partner.
  • I have an active, healthy lifestyle, but I don't care if my partner doesn't.
  • I don't have an active, healthy lifestyle, but would like my partner to.
  • I don't have an active, healthy lifestyle and I don't care if my partner does.
  • Honestly, I don't care if we have the same lifestyle as long as my partner is hot.
1mo Keep in mind that just because people don't work out or eat right doesn't necessarily mean that they are fat or obese.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not just important to me. It's a deal-breaker, maybe THE deal-breaker.

Most Helpful Girl

• I voted A but honestly, my lifestyle isn't THAT active and healthy. I run a couple days a week and go to the gym another 1-2 times. I like veggies but I also like delicious and unhealthy food. I've lost 10lbs in the last three months, and I did it while eating ice cream almost every night.

As for my partner, he has to at least make an effort to take care of himself. My ex wasn't active and he wouldn't even try to eat healthy - he was the pickiest eater ever and ate pizza at least 3 times a week. And he was skinny, so he could kind of get away with it. It was truthfully a turn off though.

What Guys Said 21

• This is one of my dealbreakers ! I have a pretty set regiment on eating, when, what to eat and how much of it. I work out 3-4 sometimes 4/5 time a week and eat like crazy on the weekends. I also run after my workouts to keep my metabolism going throughout the day. It's important to me that my potential mate be somewhat like me in terms of working out or running. I sure as hell don't expect her to be just like me. If all she does is run and eat healthy then I am good. If all she does is lift eat like it too then I am good but she can't simply be just sitting on the couch netflixing it all day and then expect me to simply chill. I want a girl who has some ambition and motivation to get moving and being active in her personally way. If its something we can do together its just the cherry on top... of her with whip cream! lol

• I really dont care, seems so silly really all this "health" obession people have these days. Can die from just crossing the road or walking down a stair. Nothing wrong with just living a little. Since on top of it, when most people seem to think you only live once. Why on earth would you wanna go through life and not enjoy the simple pleasures in it, even though a bit unhealthy. Although hardly anything thats healthy really anymore either way. Everything people tihnk is healthy turns out to be unhealthy, and for everything that is healthy or unhealthy their is always a study to counter it.

Just do whatever works for you. I personally dont care how active or "healthy" my partner is.

• Voted A. Sometimes we go for wings, sometimes I serve up a salad or roasted vegetables. I go to the gym and bike, she runs. I enjoy a beer on the weekend, she doesn't really drink.

We are both pretty healthy but not to an extreme because we enjoy the fun food sometimes too!

• I voted D)

• I picked A from the standpoints of common interests - I would worry about a partner who seemed to be unhealthy

• A, though it's not a show stopper... but since I like to do sports it would be nice if she'd be an active girl as well :D

• I want someone who is active and healthy BUT I also want someone who isn't so much of a health nut that we can't have lazy days of watching T. V. and eating pizza.

• I don't care, as long as she doesn't smoke. She can have her things, I can have mine. I like the gym. She could like yodeling.

• If they are the very least do some lights workouts more than once a wekk, I'm fine with it.

• I have an active, healthy lifestyle, but I don't care if my partner doesn't. but i will care if she gets overweight and started having a very big fat belly

• A-----very important.

• They would have to be slim/fit and not smoke or drink.
    That is my lifestyle and I would expect nothing less of my partner.

• Being a fitness guy and fitness and health being my job/education it's important to me.

• yes, i am very spartan in this. it needs to be a clean diet thats gonna give me lots of gains.

• I like being healthy, working out, eating smoothies, going on walks
    especially at night looking at the city and stuff
    i mean i would like them to do some of that with me
    it would be a good way to bond.

• C, but wanting to get to A some day.

• I have an active but not the healthiest lifestyle and I want my partner to be active and to pay at least the same as me about their health

• I definitely would love a partner that has an active lifestyles she can motivate me to do the same.

• Yeah, i like a healthy lifestyle and would like the same should i have a partner.

• Athletes should date athletes! Lazy slobs should date lazybslobes!

What Girls Said 16

• I would prefer someone have a similar lifestyle to mine. I try to eat healthy most of the time (but I do take time to enjoy treats every now and then). I am not super active, but active enough. I like walks, and I would hope I can find someone who also enjoys them.

I can't be with a guy who can't go on a walk with me.

It would be hard for me to live with someone who eats junk food all the time and doesn't like doing any physical activity. Even though I am a bigger person, I still am quite active and get out a lot. I also eat fairly healthy despite being bigger.

• I would like for my partner to care for his body and health. There's obviously a difference if he suddenly becomes ill and gains weight from it, but I'm talking about not going to the doctor when you really should, not cutting down on sugar or certain foods if it means it will interfere in your health. I know somebody who is overweight, diabetic, and with high blood pressure. The doctors are begging him to come visit and he refuses, often covering it with excuses like it's just a headache, or has to drink more water to get rid the pain, etc. I can't live with a partner like that because I don't want to be stuck having to not only watch somebody I love suffer, to but care for them becuase they refused to take responsibility.

• I think it's important. Especially if I'm trying to stay fit. I put on weight this past summer and losing it has been a struggle because all my friends and family have very unhealthy habits. Every time I say I'm gonna work out and eat Healthy, they convince me to stay in and eat shit. This Past summer was probably my fattest summer. I spent all of my time with my ex boyfriend and my best friend. They both have very unhealthy habits. Unfortunately where we live, there's not much to do, so hanging out usually just entails sitting around and eating, smoking or getting wasted. Even now as I'm trying to establish better habits, they always get overshadowed by the people around me. My mom making unhealthy dinners that she expects me to eat, my friends wanting to hang out which basically just means eat out. It's hard.

• I care a lot. I want my partner to be with me for as long as possible, and barring any accidents and such, we have a better chance of that if we're both healthy. I want him to be healthy so that we can go on adventures together for many, many years to come. That's why I care. And because when he's fit, he's eye candy. ;) But that's just a coincidental benefit.

When I said "be with me as long as possible," I meant "not dead." Not anything to do with the quality of the relationship or anything. :)

• Very important! I love rock climbing & other action sports and I'd want to do those with my partner so I couldn't date anyone who was unfit or afraid of heights haha, dietary wise I avoid greasy/fast foods like hell so I'd prefer my partner to do the same and carnivores are the total deal breaker for me.

• It's not really a big deal to me, although I really would like trying to be more healthy since I have a terrible diet and don't get much nutrition... So it'd be great if my partner could join me in that or at least support me! :)

• I choose A.

• option A
    I am active and I prefer my partner to be the same. common sense, we have more things in common

• while i've never been overweight i've also never worked out and i eat way too much unhealthy food and i don't mind what my boyfriend does as long as he doesn't gain weight either.

• Me and my partner have a healthy lifestyle, nutrition wise and sport wise

• The only thing health wise I get concerned about is diabetes cuz from past experiences it causes erectile dysfunction in guys and a good healthy sex life is very important for a relationship

• very important.

• I prefer an active healthy man.

• Being active is useless. It makes people more stress

• very important. my boyfriend and i work out a lot together. its more bonding time too

• I don't care what he eats but I'd prefer him to be somewhat active.