Girls, do you kiss after a really good first date?

I had a great first date last night. I took her to dinner and we talked for 3 hours. She insisted on walking me home (I offered to walk her all the way but she lives well past my house so wouldn't let me), and walked a couple blocks out of her way to stay with me the whole time. The thing that threw me off is she went straight for the hug instead of giving me the opportunity to go in for the kiss. Is that weird?
Also I told her to text me when she got home safe, which she did a few minutes later and said "Home safe (thumbs up) thanks again for dinner - I had a really nice time:)"

Maybe I'm stressing over nothing, but "really nice time" sounds kinda meh?

20

Most Helpful Girl

• It just sounds like she's shy. Also, it depends how well she knows you and how much she trusts herself. If she's wanting to take things slow, try not to push it. If you wait until it happens naturally, it'll be so much more impactful. Also, among some groups of girls, it's seen as... improper to kiss on a first date. Like you're not valuing yourself or your date or, something. "Really nice time" sounds like what a happy, shy girl would say. I think she really enjoyed herself.

For me, if the date was a guy I didn't really know, I definitely wouldn't kiss on the first date. If I'd known him and liked him for a while, I might if it was a *really* good date. I'd really only kiss on a first date if I'd known him for ages (3 years or more) and liked him. Maybe she's similar?

What Girls Said 19

• i kiss on dates (first, second, 37th) if things are going well and it feels right. but i speak only for myself.

since both of you seem to agree that things went well, ask her on a second date and see how it goes from there.

• I think you're overthinking this. Not every girl kisses on the first date. In fact, I think a lot of girls don't for various reasons.
    Well, see if she continues texting/talking to you, and if you guys have a second (or third) date and then see how it goes from there.
    Good luck!

• ask her out again not every girl will kiss on the first date. she may be one of those who won't get so ask her out again maybe she likes you maybe she doesn't can't hurt to find out

• Not everyone does. If there is no kiss by date 3 it's a friendship

• She obviously had a great time. I usually wait for the guy to make the first move but it doesn't necessarily needs to be on the first date. I'd say next time make a move.

• I personally wouldn't kiss on the first date. I think you are overthinking it a little, just ask her out again and see where it goes!

• I prefer not to kiss after a first date, no matter how good it is.

• Depends on if I know them previously or not and how comfortable I feel around them.

• Seem girls like to take things more slowly than others, but it could be possible she's not into you in that way. Everyone has their types and preferences and that doesn't mean you did anything wrong.

• Kiss my on first day & you'll loose your balls

• I would not no matter how great it was.

• Known my boyfriend for 6 years and still wouldn't kiss him on the first date.

• Yes... even if they spilled their drink on me 😏

• No, I think she likes you. Maybe she didn't want to have that kiss just yet!

• I am not sure but she could be stressing out as well and that's why she huged you because she didn't know what to say or do... I think it's good that she told you that she had a really nice time.
    Why don't you try to ask her for another date? :)

• Really nice time probably genuinely means she had a really nice time.

So, she walked you back.
    The date seemed ok from your perspective.
    She told you she had a good time.
    She walked you back.
    ... I think you are over thinking and I think she had a great time with you and would actually really like to see you again. So start arranging!

• Yeah I don't know bout that she might like you but for me personally if I go in for the hug and not a kiss I'm not interested but don't lose hope

• My boyfriend and I basically mouth banged and here we are 7 years later. Still mouth banging.

• Oh yeah I definitely do. Hmm not sure with your situation. Did you try to kiss her or was it like 'hug, bye, walk off'?

That text is something I'd send hoping he asked me out again though :)