My parents love this one guy but hates the other what should I do?

So there's these two guys I'm currently talking to and am interested in. The first guy is Kyle he is average height and dresses really nice. He's also a gentleman and treats me well. My parents love him. The second guy is Luke he's super tall and dresses more dark and edgy. He has a few tattoos and is kinda self destructive. He comes off as an asshole but I know he's a better guy I just have to bring that part out of him. The thing about him is my parents hate him and they want me to stop seeing him. The problem is I'm stuck between these two guys that I like equally and I don't know what to do. Also why do my parents love Kyle but hate Luke when they barely know him?

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel like I can speak for your parents a bit since I am one and my daughter was once your age and brought guys around. They want to protect you and part of that is helping you pick guys that they feel can respect and admire you. Luke shows them no indications that he does either. We all get that nice girls are drawn to the dark side of bad boys but the odds of you being abused or otherwise maltreated are a lot higher with Luke.

Let me ask you this: if you had a daughter your age and she brought those guys around and they behaved the way they did with your parents, what would you recommend?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would just go with Kyle honestly. If you like them equally! This option will bring less drama and everyone will be happy. You like him, he likes you, and even your parents approve of him! He also seems like a complete gentleman who will respect you and treat you greatly! The relationship that you have with Kyle is more likely to last longer than the one with Luke. I can tell just from Luke's description that he's been through some rough patches in life and might be way more unreliable compared to Kyle. In the end, it's completely your call! Go with what your heart tells you :)

What Guys Said 2

• Kyle is a gentleman and treats you well and I would assume he is also successful career wise or at least working toward that this is why your parents like him. Luke acts like a douchebag and doesn't treat you as well as kyle. your parents want what is best for you so they obviously won't approve of a guy that acts like an asshole.

• It's not your job to mature the one guy. If he's a douche he's a douche. You can't change people. Even if you do temporarily that douche will just be back.

What Girls Said 1

• Go for Kyle; he's a gentleman... he will care for you. Luke seems too rebellious; the type of boy that gets girls in trouble... trust your parents instincts believe me I was in the same position, go for the sweeter one