How should I approach this girl?

So 2 days ago I chatted up this random girl after we got off the bus. We go to the same uni. Once I broke the ice I told her she was pretty and if she was free right now we could grab some coffee as a mini date. She said that she was going to a friend's bday party so I asked her for her number and she gave it to me without hesitation. She genuinely seemed interested as well. I told her that I'd call her in a couple of days to set up a date to which she said ok sounds good. We hugged and parted ways. The whole convo lasted like 2-3min.
Anyway, today I called her and asked if she wanted to grab lunch on Sunday and she said she had to go sailing (there was no hesitation and who would say sailing as an excuse lol?). I asked what day was good for her and she said that she's really busy this week and doesn't know due to finals coming up (it is finals week for me too). Obviously, I'm no dummy and know that sounds like bs. I told her to call me or text when she wanted to meet up. We live nearby and use the same bus station so I know I'll eventually run into her. Should I never contact her again and wait to either run into her in person or wait until she contacts me (if she ever does)? We hardly know each other so I'm on the fence of doing this since she can easily forget about me, if I knew her better I wouldn't quetion my no contact rule. However, we're basically strangers so should I pop her a text or call her sometime next week to check how she is?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the boys hit the nail on the head. Just leave her be and stop messaging her. Sometimes girls are weird and maybe she'll end up contacting you, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Just wait and be patient. Who knows, maybe the perfect girl will come along ☺️

I haven't messaged her once, I'm not one of those guys. I just called her like I said I would. I'm not going to contact her again unless she does.

hahaha no worries I wasn't offended or anything, I found it funny

Phew. Goodie!!😂

Most Helpful Guy

• Since you two are practically strangers flipping the script on her that soon telling her to contact you when she wants to meet most likely won't happen especially since she has no rapport with you. Give it one more shot send her a text with in the week. I get that you don't want to come off as needy but the longer you wait the more likely she'll forget about you and any little spark there might have been would be gone. Like I said there's no rapport so don't be surprised if she doesn't tx you first.

yea that's my problem too, I wish I had more time with her hence why I tried to set up a mini date when we met. I know I'm going to run into her eventually, I just don't know how soon.

I re-read your description it looks like you already done everything you could and done it right in my opinion just waiting until you possibly see her again to talk to her I think would be the best option since the second excuse was kind of bullshit it's time to fall back. My bad I didn't read right the first time but I definitely understand your dilemma.

What Girls Said 2

• She's not interested. Wait and see for yourself.

• I think she'll call you. ☺ More important: she won't "forget about you", I don't think it works that way with girls, hehe. Cos girls don't usually flirt as much as guys, so, you can be pretty sure that you didn't get her number " just because". On the other hand, that's just my opinion and I'm kinda naive. 😁

What Guys Said 5

• Yeah, you've done all you can at this point and it sounds like you've done a pretty good job of pursuing her. I especially like that you're very cognizant of her boundaries (some guys aren't). So yeah, wait until she contacts you or until you guys run into each other again. It sounds like all of the declines have been really pleasant so far so you don't want to step too far and make her have to put her foot down.

Yea I think I'm just going to go no contact. I know we're going to bump into each other eventually so I'll have my chance there, obviously I'm going to try to read her and see what's the appropriate thing to do, I'll leave it to then. She seems interested and I'm no rookie and I can usually tell when a girl is just being nice. Like I broke the ice with the stupid you look familiar line and she got all excited and was like you do too! I know I've seen you before (she's not going to remember me if she wasn't looking ;). Also as I was handing her my phone I jokingly told her not to give me her number if she wasn't interested in meeting up and she said haha no I want to. Who knows she might just be testing me or genuinely not interested and being nice.

• i hate to burst your bubble bro but i don't think she's that into you she knew you would call and had a excuse ready if a girl really likes you she will make time for you no matter what my advice would be just let her contact you and just move on for now

yea that's my thinking too so no bubble burst. Man she was hot too and that ass was magnificent. I even told her while I was handing her my phone not to give me her number if she wasn't interested, why do girls have to create this bs haha

*sometimes

yea true that, I just really liked her ass hahahaha. Oh well, onto the next one.

• Dude, don't give up so quick. You don't want to push it, but make a little effort. Give it some time, see if you can snapchat with her. Snapchat is the best dating tool ever.

Yeah, or just talk to her and not ask her out. Just talk and be like, "Alright, later!"

And then a few days later be like, "Hey, you wanna go to a concert or something?" Don't call it a date. Don't give up because she's busy with finals. A hottie could ask me to go out during finals, and I'd say cuz I have test.

• she's flaking. She has multiple orbiters on speed dial. Just saying. Also, never tell a woman she's pretty. Why? They didn't do anything to earn that accolade just genetic luck. Being well accomplished is worthy of respect, just being lucky in the looks department when you had no part to play in that regard is certifiably. In fact, poke fun of any physical flaws in her appearance to bring her Precious Princess entitlement down a notch. It's called negging and it works wonders.

• You might call one more time after finals, and if the answer isn't yes then give it up.