How to get over my girlfriend had sex with my cousin years ago before we met?

My girlfriend and I've been dating for a few months, I'm bothered that I have sex with the same girl my cousin had. I know everyone has a past but he's my family member, it's weird!

She told me she had sex with him years ago in college. My cousin lied to me because when I met her he told me she was just a friend.

My girlfriend said was only casual, a one night stand and they never dated! I love her but I can't be with her anymore, it's awkward! What you think I should do? Try? End the relationship?

Feeling confused about breaking up because my girlfriend had sex with my cousin in the past!

Most Helpful Girl

• Look, if you can't get over that, then yes, its for the best that you do breakup. Overall your cousin shouldn't have lied about it. But don't pretend like this doesn't bother you either. Because if you stay with her like this, it will just grow to get worse.

What people don't understand or refuse to understand: the past matters! One's choices wither a mistake or deliberately can shape and change the future. Whenever a person says: 'I love them' but!!!, 'I miss them' but!, etc. It means that you have to let go. Either the relationship or the transgressions/past. Nobody is telling you to stay, nobody is telling you to go. The choice is yours. You don't have to stay if you have no other reason to stay.

Most Helpful Guy

• He who controls the past commands the future, He who commands the future, conquers the past.

Now if you are a believer in the above mentioned quote you will end the relationship but if you believe it not true than you will also end the relationship
    What we all say is of no consequence if you have already made up your mind, you could give her a chance and it was before you met her and she was honest since you didn't have to find it through a third party

What Girls Said 7

• Key word here is "years" ago! Everyone makes mistakes and has flaws! That was a long time ago so you shouldn't let it bother you! A person can change a lot in years, so if she ever liked him she probably doesn't now. You should just recognize that it was in the moment for her and she probably just went with the flow... And it was years ago! So you should forgive her and be strong enough to move on :)

she can't unfuck him

and like I said she can't unfuck him. he should move on because it does matter.

@dudeman yes, I believe all of you guys should move on. If he can't move on, tell him that it bugs you and for him to leave it in the past.

• How about get the fuck over it?

It was in the past, it doesn't matter, she wasn't with you, so why is this such a big issue?

• Get over it. What does something that happened years ago on one night have to do with yourreationship?
    Answer: nothing.
    Just GTFOI.

• Why does it matter really? If they're being honest and it was just sex then there were no emotions involved, nothing to get messy down the track. Good on them for being honest with you

just sex. so now he has to love a girl who just has sex. so its ok to cheat on her because its just sex?

agree or be wrong.

@dudeman I don't actually. I think I've been pretty clear in my opinion and if you wish to try and nit pick it apart to make yourself feel better about yours go ahead. Not once have I said I believe in both at once, simply that there can be both types and in OPs account it seems the cousin was a casual one.
      But hey, if you feel you need to "win" on an opinion page nice work big man 👌🏼

• Seems like a small stupid thing to be upset over. I mean years ago, one time. Really, she should dump you because there are better options for her, you don't sound all that smart and if she can get with your cousin im sure she can do better than you. If you care about her, break up so she can have a better life.

lol he should just find a girl who hasn't fucked his cousin in her slut phase. she will always be his slut.

@dudeman Guys like that wouldn't be man enough to stick it in her ass and bust on her face, they're all blow and no go... that's why he's better off with his cousin, lot's of blowing

lol id stick it in her ass and let her go.

• I don't get why it would bother you at all but if it does then break up with her...

• Eww.

What Guys Said 11

• Dude! heed my advice and run like the wind
    Others will try to tell you different but trust me having a slut as a girlfriend is like signing your own death warrant plus every time you go to a family gathering with your girlfriend and you see your cousin your head I gonna go apesh*t you don't want that do you

• you get a new girlfriend. damn man at your age you should know love doesn't exist and she's just a person and there are many people out there that haven't fucked your cousin.

• That seems to be really overthinking it to me - They have both moved on so you should to.

• It's fine it was years ago and they've told you about.
    To me it's no big deal friends have sex it's fine by the sounds of it it was a one time ting.

• yes i would be hurt by the lies too... i too won't want to be with some girl who fucked my cousin brother... sorry!!

you should breakup with her!! you deserve better

• I can totally understand why you would feel weird about it. If I were you I would break up, but I'm not exactly a good example of emotional maturity, so take what I say with a pinch of salt.

• Note the lack of empathy from the pink responses. After you've done that, just do the opposite of what ever it is they tell you.

• Don't be silly, it was obviously not important, and she wants you... NOT HIM.. so just know that you are the lucky one, forget the past!

• You start becoming more confident.

• If she is a good woman, then why do you care?

• I'd leave