This is what the guy whom I have just started spending time with texted, what does it mean?

He said: "So want to skip this awkward getting to know each other part and just go out"

I wasn't too sure what he was trying to say so I asked him to elaborate and he replied with:

"I meant just be dating and together as a couple."

Before you answer we have had the most intense connection, have not slept together, just lots of kissing and romantic gestures such as laying on his chest while watching TV and him touching my back and bringing me over chocolate and ice-cream, just a real genuine respectful guy.

So the question is:

Did he ask me to be his girlfriend/relationship when he said to be together as a couple?

1mo To make this question clearer I'm putting the exact dialogue we had as follows:
(Him) So want to skip this part and just go out haha
(Me) What do you mean lol
(Him) This awkward getting to know each other part. lol
(Me) So what are you trying to ask me exactly, what are you wanting? 😘
(Him) Not asking anything, it was just a statement 🤔
(Me) You asked me if I wanted to skip this awkward part and go out? Did u mean go on a date?
(Him) I meant just be dating and together as a couple
1mo I said Yep I would love that💋💋

Ok so after that nothing else was said. He said he made a statement and wasn't asking anything and I have obviously assumed he was asking. When I re read it all again this morning I started thinking that maybe it was a wishful thinking statement on his behalf but some of my girlfriends have said that he has asked me to be his girlfriend. ?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that's what he was saying. Basically "girl, let's get this thing on the road and drive it!"

Most Helpful Girl

• No yeah I completely understand what each of you mean! He's just pointing out how most people have an awkward flirting stage before they start dating and he just wants to skip that and go out with you and be your boyfriend. He's asking you out. He's saying that he likes you and wants t date you. He's also saying that he'll get to know you as you date, which is perfectly normal and expected! He really likes you and was just being straightforward about it! Such straightforwardness is a bit uncommon actually but it's really mature of him to do that! He just bluntly stated that he likes you and want to be your boyfriend and get to know you better :)

What Guys Said 3

• Pretty clearly he wants to go straight to being a couple. Is He a lesbian?

• He says dating so to me it seems like he wants to test the waters before being in a relationship.

Well what was the together as a couple bit then?

As in a relationship then?

Yeah probably.

• Basically he wants to skip the introduction and start dating.
    Which makes no sense.

Not exactly, because part of dating is just getting closer and learning more about one another.

What Girls Said 8

• Yea he did , be like so did you just ask me to be your girlfriend? Im sure it will be yes.

• He definitely was asking you to be in a bf/gf type relationship with you. Sounds like he really likes you and feels he has been around you enough and knows enough about you at this point to take things further.

• It seems like he did, but be careful because you want to get to know someone before committing, even to just dating. You can make sure he knows you are interested in him if you are but if you want to take it slower I would do that. I also don't recommend early physical relationships, if you find out you are not for each other than it makes it a lot harder and more regretful.

• He just asked if y'all could date exclusively.

• How can you be in your 30's and be confused by the most straight forward texts I've ever seen? 😐

• Yes pretty much. Plain and simple. He wants to date you and skip the friend part.

• You should ask him that when you see him again.

• dpends on how long you've been seeing each other, seems like a starnge question to ask, how old are you?