Should I wish him a Happy birthday?

I met a guy online, today is his birthday according to Facebook - we aren't close, but we have been texting each other for two weeks on and off. But because we have busy schedules, we haven't met yet - so there isn't that "connection".

He "loves" all my Facebook profile pics and posts since I accepted his request. My friends told me to not wish him happy birthday because you don't even know this person, and you shouldn't appear as eager / so into him. And that I need to be different to all the girls he knows -as he is a popular guy and I should come off as I don't care as much. What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• hey wishing him happy birthday is just a nice thing to do... buying him flowers, turning up at his house with a card and sending him a watch is 'eager' lol so you have nothing to worry about

Most Helpful Girl

• Wish him a H. Bday. But keep yourself open to other potential mates. Till one declares you his girlfriend.

If you have time to post pictures, he has time to show his liking, why no time to met?
    If you are only focusing on him and him other girls, you will feel hurt.

I am not a social media type, I would rather meet, hang out, get to know in real life type to have real connections.

Two weeks on and off... he is not interested. No one is so busy that you can't make a date, sorry to be blunt... Do you really want to be with a guy who has lots of female friends on social media?

I dont pay attention to guys who aren't giving me the attention. I drop them very soon and i dont share my social media stuff to strangers whom i havn't met yet.

I need the guy to show interest, text more, care about me. Then he has to call me, so we can talk. If this is not possible... next!!
    When phone conersation goes well, be flirty, be fun, be spontanous, then find time to meet. ... dont become his text buddy.

FYI... I have success with guys. I only pay attention to those who cares about me and they want to be my boyfriend, because i am the best.
    My current boyfriend was a bit of a challenged... but i have succeed.

Many, when they dont know how to deal with real people they go behind the screen.
    I have to guide him how to connect with people... its working and we are both happier. He is not on social media like he used to becuase he is now focusing on me. When he think of something, I come to his mind, I keep him busy lol

Hope you find a guy who will apprciate you.

What Guys Said 3

• A birth day wish isn't a declaration of love. It's just something nice.

• Hmm, if he's popular i understand the appeal to not send them.
    They would probably pass unoticible, still he gives you lot's of likes.

Does he like other other girls pics aswell, in quantity?

No, he doesn't like other girls' pics. Last night he 'liked' my profile pic and then a few seconds later he changed it to a 'loved' it.

In terms of popularity, he basically has a lot of female friends and I imagine he is also looking around - therefore I am not the only girl either, that's how I am assuming it. I don't want to be attached to him when we haven't even met.

That's why I am thinking of not sending it, just because I know it will be treated as any other message.

Now invert that.
      If you liked a guy and gaved him lots of likes... what would you think if he didn't reply nothing on your birthday? What would you think, feel, change?

Hmm true, I probably think he wasn't interested and leave him alone...

Thanks for that point of view! I just don't want to seem clingy because it isn't who I am, I like to have my space and don't want to be all in his face as we both are busy people.

• Just wish him a happy birthday! I got wishes on FB from people I swear I don't even know lol.

What Girls Said 5

• just be nice happy birthday
    no smiley face just be nice , unless you really like him then do it if u don't don't say happy birthday

• yeah just write it to his wall

• Tell him thsg Facebook told you it was his birthday and then wish him happy birthday.

• bahah you overthink too much! just post happy birthday on his wall. as if he's going to think you're creepy and shit just to wish him a hbd

• Yes you should.