If someone stopped talking to you how long would you wait before thinking they've lost interest?

Been talking to a guy who I met on a dating website for a month now, he's quite busy but always makes time to call me on his lunch break or on his way home from work and he texts when he can. Everything seemed normal went on a date and he continued the messaging so thought he was keen like I was but I haven't heard from him in a couple of days. I always feel like I annoy people when I message them the last text I sent was a have a good day text 2 days ago. I Font want to blow his phone up and don't really text someone unless they respond. I feel as if he has lost interest to be fair I'm an anxious person who overthinks most things but I'm not sure if I'm being stupid about this. I mean he could just be super busy he runs his own business and works long hours and a lot of stuff is going on with his family. My question is how long should I give him the benefit of the doubt about being busy before I do write him off as losing interest?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know it depends on the situation , sometimes you don't see someone for long periods of time but there still interested , other times not hearing from someone for a couple weeks is a clue there not interested back

Yeah I think I'm just confused the communication has always been decent and he just suddenly stopped talking so it's why I felt he lost interest I'll just wait it out and if I don't hear from him well I guess onto bigger and better things or whatever they say

Most Helpful Girl

• nope it's not him being busy.
    No guy is too busy to phone a girl he's interested in.
    Maybe he wants you to take initiative and text him first?
    Either he wants you to text him first or he found someone better.
    Just send him a text and see if he texts back.
    One text isn't going to do any harm. if he's interested he probably is waiting for you to text him too...
    If he doesn't reply, you know the answer. his lost.

Thanks for the advice I'll text him later today ask him how he's doing if I get no response I'll know my answer

What Guys Said 3

• I would say anything over a week or two is probably reasonable to believe that interest has been lost. A few days is a little too soon as something may have come up and he just forgot.

Yeah I thought I was being dramatic Haha I'll give him a week I know a lots going on so just need to calm down

Haha thanks for the advice. I'm bit stupid with this stuff I knew I needed to calm down haha but yeah I just really care about him and I freak out caus I'm worried he's upset about his family and stuff.

No problem miss! I think we all need a reminder to just chill out every now and then since we pretty much expect everything to happen instantly andro get results now. It does sound like you care about him a lot and I hope things work out for you 😋❤️

• I wouldn't wait on them, but I also would not think they lost interest necessarily... Girls can linger for years with weird unexpressed feelings...

Yeah I don't really read signs well he seemed really interested but I guess his loss. I don't really blame him if he has found someone better I'm not amazing

He may not of found someone "better"... Not all guys feel the need to always be in relationships. Men don't usually look for someone else to replace their current girlfriend before they break up. They just get tired of a specific girl and go on with their life until they find someone they feel is a better fit. That could be a month or years...

• I don't wait more than a week or so. If it's a new connection with someone you don't know very well, those formative times are super important to stay in contact. If someone doesn't talk to me after a week I forget about them, especially if I've made an effort already to start conversations and they just let it die.

What Girls Said 2

• You have a right to be suspicious of his lack of texting. One thing I will always tell someone is don't make excuses for people you are dating. No matter how busy someone is a text takes a couple seconds to send, if someone is interested, they will make the time for you. I would not contact him again and see what he says.

• A day. It doesn't really take that long to realize you aren't into somebody.