How come I find teenage girls more attractive than those my own age?

I am developmentally delayed. Of course, I have Aspergers.

But the women my age seem more mature than me and more difficult to please than a girl who is around 17-18ish.

I am 22. It just seems girls in their 20s have more experience with relationships and heartbreak and have a lot more tougher skin when it comes to relationships than I do.

I never had an actual girlfriend before.

I probably answered my own question, but I want to ask, is this normal?

• Normal for someone like you with barely any experience
  • No, that is abnormal even for you
  • Other (explain)
  • See poll
1mo I like more "innocent" type girls. If that makes sense.

Most Helpful Girl

• What you probably don't know, studies have found that for people with Aspergers in general no matter what kind of relationship it is, (friendship etc) they tend to be attracted to people younger or older than then but rarely those who are the same age. BUT I just want to say it is NOT a good idea to be thinking of starting a relationship with a teenager. I get all of your reasons, I really do, but 99.9% of them are not ready for an adult relationship. That's just, the way it is.

And, from someone who's been there before, it's not about how experienced you are, but how genuine you are towards the women you like. If you just pick her because she's pretty and that's it, it's going to be harder than if you like her because of having things in common. A good place to start is joining a university club or volunteering for the Student Union. This way you already have something in common with the people you meet there and you get to have a whole bunch of experiences you wouldn't have otherwise.

I wish you well trying to figure it out. It's truly lifes greatest puzzle

- A fellow Aspie

What Girls Said 6

• Yes that's pretty normal! It's because you're feeling too intimidated by the women your age since they have dating experience you don't have too much, so you're relating more with younger females who have around the same amount of experience that you do. That shared similarity makes them appear more attractive in your mind, since you feel a bit more connected to them in that emotional sense. Hope that this helped! :)

• It could be because you dont have much experience. Also not every 20 year old could be how you explained, there could be a 17 year old with more experience than a 20 year old. It really just depends on the girl , id say keep yourself open to either ages and just focus on finding a girl that will make you happy and not be so tough , also its completely normal to feel the way you do, everyone has different interests

• It's normal 22 isn't that much older than a teen unless she's below 16 years old. Just date someone that just turned 18 or something so you won't get in trouble by the police.

• It's normal. I have a celebrity crush who is 18. I''m 21.

• Tougher? I don't know about that... people can be so dramatic, at least in my exp. and as the get older the drama is worse.

I cannot really explain it.

I guess with younger girls, the plunge right in and it is such a surge of emotions from the very beginning.

With older women, they learn not to invest so much emotion, especially at the beginning.

I think plenty do, srsly older is worse.

• Do they look like Anime girls? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

What Guys Said 4

• I agree with you @TheGreatPittfall interestingly, I think I find myself in the same situation sometimes. A wise man once told me, the younger a woman, the better she is.

#VoteForMe #MakeAmericaGreatAgain #DonaldJTrump #CrookedHillary

• its normal and whilst you may go through a milf stage at some point in the future a lot of guys of any age will find legal teen girls more attractive

• It's normal, I am 22 and I fell in love with a 17 years old. She is very mature, but also very lively. But beacuse she is under 18. I am not taking any steps.

• If you are 22 and prefer slightly younger that's not s big deal.

You want to avoid going another 10 years with no experience and still being convinced you need an innocent teen.

If your preferences start drifting younger rather than staying the same or expanding up in age, then you have an issue.