His profile says single?

I know this seems trivial and not that important, but the last month it has really bothered me! My boyfriend of 7 months, has "single" still listed on his Facebook profile!

We live together, so we are definitely together! Im just so confused and feel super awkward bringing it up!

It shouldn't matter, because I know we are in a relationship, but when I see "single" on his page it kind of hurts!

1mo ****And. Even though we are 7months in, HE always brings up our future, and marriage and kids and where we are going to move to! So whhhhhy does his profile say he is single! haha!!! I know I sound crazy... or like a teenager but its driving me nuts!

Most Helpful Guy

• Does he even use facebook? You have to realize you are the only one loosing sleep over this. I bet he's never even thought of it.

Most Helpful Girl

• In all honesty, as long as your friends and family knows that your in a relationship with him, WHY does it matter if its on social media? It is a test to PROVE your relationship? Not so much asking you, but for everybody who finds it important. He's not doing anything wrong. And I find this to be very immature of people to allow social media and the people on it to validate ones relationships. Your boyfriend from what I see is just a very private person. And that should be respected. If you want to post things up on your account and he allows it, then you do it. But that other person does not. This is a dating relationship, not a marriage. And even if you are married to each other. Nobody has to know about your business.

Overall if he forgot to change it, then he forgot. If he doesn't want to, then he doesn't want to. And even if he tells you why he doesn't want to. What is going to be the ending result? Either you have understanding and accept what he says, or will this put your relationship on ice? Let alone at odds with him. Regardless of what you think. You have to remember that whatever choice you make will either make you or break you. There is no need to be so overly concerned with social media as long as he wants to remain in this relationship with you. He is discussing a future with you that he wants to share. Don't allow social media to dictate your life. Or like the many stories you hear on the news, it can crush the possible blessing you may ever have.

What Guys Said 17

• I think many people aren't even aware of what's on their profile.
    I for instance, never go to my own page. I just scroll the feed, and use the messages. I know I checked mine once, and it had outdated information from 4 years before :X

• It's just Facebook I haven't updated my profile since I made an account 5 years ago. he probably doesn't even give two fucks about f. b and just never crossed his mind to change it. It seems a bit childish to want every one to know your business as an adult. If you know where you stand in the relationship it shouldn't be a problem i think your giving way to much thought into this but if it bothers you that much just ask him why and be done with it

• He's a guy. It's probably not crossed his mind.

Mine has never been set.

It's Facebook. You should remember how little it actually matters but if it's annoying that much just tell him.

• Fair point - I would approach him about changing it

• If confident in relationship it shouldn't matter. He probably dumb like most guys who dont bother to change any setting. It dosent mean he is meeting people. He just simply did not think anything of it.

• You live together? After 7 months? And he still broadcasts that he's single?

• Oh please never mind at all. I know people from both gender who keep that fb relationship status as single. Some of them are really don't care about it. And others don't want to get unwanted attraction over it. While others want to hide from some people that s/he is in a relationship. May be it's for safety reason. Who knows. You can politely ask why it is. But never mind at all if s/he is working good on your relationship. It doesn't matter at all.

• I understand it being awkward, but he's the one making it awkward. I'd bring it up and say, "Hey, I notice you have "single" as your status on Facebook. Would you mind explaining that to me?"

• I'd ask but if he doesn't change it then it's a red flag.

• That's not good. Ask him why he hasn't changed it, and gauge his reaction.

• Call him on it. That's bullshit. You should post on his wall, "Hey everybody, I'm in a relationship with (what's his name) but he's too much of a douche to show me the respect of making it know." -- He'll be pissed, but you'll be right.

• Oh shit!

• Nobody cares about Facebook... get real.

• Is he even active on facebook. If he's not active on it then it probably hasn't come across his mind. Big tell - does his friends know about you or you met them? are are you two low-key?

• He's not into social media I suppose

• If i were him, i wouldn't want some of my relatives or see it.

• Maybe he won't comw on Facebook and he doesn't know it.
    Is he using it?

What Girls Said 10

• Maybe he doesn't use his Facebook that often! And if he does, maybe he just hasn't noticed that it still says single! I personally always forget that there's that option actually! Maybe he simply hasn't noticed it! If it bothers you then you should bring it up with up! It's really not that big a deal, but it matters to you! Just politely ask him about it! That's all you need to do 😊

Yeah, I don't even go to my own page, right?

@mikemx55 yeah me neither tbh! So he most likely hasn't really seen it!

as I said in my own opinion, I once had outdated info for 4 years :X and never had a clue..

• He probably just hasn't thought of changing it. I've been with my boyfriend for 6 months and I'm still listed as single on social media as well. I wouln't consider it that big of a deal, you know he likes you Why does it matter what his facebook profile says?

• Don't let it bother you, he probably doesn't use it as often or forgot how to change it, or he doesn't see it as important my guy friend is dating a girl and it's been 3 years and he never changed his relationship status because everyone knows who he is with

• Just ask him to change it.

I know, I totally agree! I just feel so weird and awkward bringing it up! Especially because its not like we just got together... so now its just... a little uncomfortable!

It's okay, just bring it up, you don't need to be smooth about it or anything.

• Have you requested him to accept your relationship status if you changed yours to "in a realtionship with ___________"

• does he use facebook often?

• Is he not very active on social media? When people aren't that active on social media, they tend to find doing these things very tedious and unnecessary.

• Okay he's either a douche bag who's open to cheating, OR he's like me in that I rarely use/update facebook. All you have to do is invite him to the relationship on fb and like a day later say "oh you should respond to that notification by the way :)!" His response should tell you everything you need to know.

• You definitely have to ask him why. Maybe he got reasonable reason.

• I have a feeling it's just because he hasn't thought of changing it.