Girls, Do you like it when a guy shows up with flowers before a date?

• I prefer chocolates
  • Too old fashion. This is 2016.
  • Seems weird and cringe worthy
  • Flowers are perfect
  • I don't want him to bring anything.
  • Other.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 23

• Flowers are sweet. For a first date, it'd be too much I think, but later in the relationship, it'd be nice to get flowers occasionally. He really doesn't have to do that though, my partner has never gotten me flowers for a date :P

• I love flowers. Not many guys do that nowadays, I would love appreciate that and be happy about it.

• I always love flowers. Very nice.

• That's a nice gesture. I've never been on a date and no guy has ever done this to me but I'd love it if it happened, I'd prefer a teddy bear though but flowers are nice too.

• That's never happened. But I'm sure I'd like it lol

• I've never gotten flowers, but I would really appreciate them. But on the other hand, I don't expect anything.

• No I feel like I owe him something

• I love flowers, but I love pizza.

• It's sweet.

• Yees... That would be so romantic

• Flowers are nice but not all the time.

• It's sweet, but I don't really care for them.

• Sure it's nice, but I don't see it as necessary.

• Awww yes it's so sweet

• I don't need or expect anything just show up on time.

• I'd appreciate it a lot, but he doesn't have to bring flowers if he doesn't want to.

• At the first meeting, it's embarrassing. But after we start to love each other, I'ld love that

• flowers are a very sweet gesture 😍

• I'd feel like I'll owe him something later or that he seems to be more invested into the relationship than I am.

That's the big concern. It's taking a big step and kind of putting the girl into an awkward position. It's really a gamble.

• tsk i'd be happy if my boyfriend ever does that. he feels that flowers are a waste of money because they die soon :(

• They already do it and it's perfect.

• I get that he's trying to be nice but that would be sooooo awkward and I think I'd automatically cringe and would have to talk myself into having a good time after that...

It's not that awkward. Men have been giving flowers to women for thousands of years. We used to throw flowers to women and now we throw dollar bills.

It's not that awkward for some people... it would be for me. I do not like when people bring me gifts when we are together let alone when I don't know them well.

I understand and can respect that. It does make sense. I don't like being in a position of obligation either.

• Too expensive unless you're an established couple.

What Guys Said 4

• Don't do that, they'll be weird out and think you're a creep.
    It's better to not be very romantic in the first dates, unless you've known each other for a while and she knows you're not a creep.

I know exactly what you mean. It's a shame the dating world has come to that!!

• You can give bitches anything; if they like they'll take it presuming it's not like a live lobster. Though I am sure some will even keep that shit.

• So romantic!

Right on. Personally, flowers have almost always work. I'm at a point where's almost rule of thumb to bring flowers on a big date. You want her to think about you when the date is over, and that's a good way to do it.

• I think most girls would like this as long as it , wasn't way too soon , like the first time you talked to them or very first date , have to get to know them a bit for romantic feelings to develop and for flowers to be right