Girls, Do you like it when a guy shows up with flowers before a date?

• I prefer chocolates
    17%(8)12%(9)Vote4%(1)
  • Too old fashion. This is 2016.
    2%(1)8%(6)Vote19%(5)
  • Seems weird and cringe worthy
    4%(2)7%(5)Vote11%(3)
  • Flowers are perfect
    57%(27)46%(34)Vote26%(7)
  • I don't want him to bring anything.
    13%(6)9%(7)Vote4%(1)
  • Other.
    7%(3)18%(13)Vote36%(10)

Most Helpful Girl

Sponsored

What Girls Said 23

• Flowers are sweet. For a first date, it'd be too much I think, but later in the relationship, it'd be nice to get flowers occasionally. He really doesn't have to do that though, my partner has never gotten me flowers for a date :P

• I always love flowers. Very nice.

• That's a nice gesture. I've never been on a date and no guy has ever done this to me but I'd love it if it happened, I'd prefer a teddy bear though but flowers are nice too.

• I love flowers. Not many guys do that nowadays, I would love appreciate that and be happy about it.

• It's sweet.

• It's sweet, but I don't really care for them.

• That's never happened. But I'm sure I'd like it lol

• I've never gotten flowers, but I would really appreciate them. But on the other hand, I don't expect anything.

• No I feel like I owe him something

• I love flowers, but I love pizza.

• Yees... That would be so romantic

• Flowers are nice but not all the time.

• Sure it's nice, but I don't see it as necessary.

• Awww yes it's so sweet

• I don't need or expect anything just show up on time.

• I'd appreciate it a lot, but he doesn't have to bring flowers if he doesn't want to.

• At the first meeting, it's embarrassing. But after we start to love each other, I'ld love that

• flowers are a very sweet gesture 😍

• tsk i'd be happy if my boyfriend ever does that. he feels that flowers are a waste of money because they die soon :(

• I'd feel like I'll owe him something later or that he seems to be more invested into the relationship than I am.

• That's the big concern. It's taking a big step and kind of putting the girl into an awkward position. It's really a gamble.

• They already do it and it's perfect.

• I get that he's trying to be nice but that would be sooooo awkward and I think I'd automatically cringe and would have to talk myself into having a good time after that...

• It's not that awkward. Men have been giving flowers to women for thousands of years. We used to throw flowers to women and now we throw dollar bills.

• It's not that awkward for some people... it would be for me. I do not like when people bring me gifts when we are together let alone when I don't know them well.

• I understand and can respect that. It does make sense. I don't like being in a position of obligation either.

• Too expensive unless you're an established couple.

What Guys Said 4

• Don't do that, they'll be weird out and think you're a creep.
    It's better to not be very romantic in the first dates, unless you've known each other for a while and she knows you're not a creep.

• I know exactly what you mean. It's a shame the dating world has come to that!!

• You can give bitches anything; if they like they'll take it presuming it's not like a live lobster. Though I am sure some will even keep that shit.

• So romantic!

• Right on. Personally, flowers have almost always work. I'm at a point where's almost rule of thumb to bring flowers on a big date. You want her to think about you when the date is over, and that's a good way to do it.

• I think most girls would like this as long as it , wasn't way too soon , like the first time you talked to them or very first date , have to get to know them a bit for romantic feelings to develop and for flowers to be right