Going to a wedding on a first date?

My friend invited me and a few other friends to his sister's wedding which is today. I asked this guy I've been talking to if he wanted to go with me, I honestly expected him to say no but he was like "I'm down, which color are you going to wear?" So now I'm like ohh fuck haha most of my friends who are also going to the wedding kinda know him but I've never even seen him in person.
He said he'll teach me how to dance when I warned him I don't know how to. I'm willing to learn & have fun but I'm also nervous. I don't know what to do, like what should we talk about while being there? How do I pay attention & talk to both my friends and him? What if I just want to kiss him the whole time but we can't do it in front of everyone? Haha

1mo Anybody else? I'm nervous, y'all :c

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not the best date for sure, cause if you don't click, it'd be pretty rude of him to leave, so he has to stay till the end.
    BUT, let's not think about the negatives xD
    I'd recommend you to be with him AND your friends, both at the same time, like sitting together, talking and all that, that'll make it easier to not ignore one, and it will avoid awkward silences if you were just both of you.
    I think that will also help both of you to feel more comfortable being together since you haven't met in person.

That being said, still dance with him and I'd say take him to some place quiet and make out with him.

What Guys Said 9

• This is why you don't do the wedding thing right away. But since you are, do your best. You'll have to balance him against your friends. It's entirely possible he's testing you to see how you'll handle it. I'm not trying to up the pressure here, but I'd want to know that.

• Well don't go in for a kiss because HE may not understand you meant it as a date. Make sure he knows your interest and he shows interest back before you make a move.

Talk about anything. Talk about life. What you have fun doing. What you want to do in the future. Something funny you saw the other day. Whatever.

• You were asked to be a date to a wedding on the same day of the wedding? Damn!!! I'm not necessarily against weddings at a first day (granted that itself is a little strange), but not having enough notice of it? Be very wary if this guy wants to elope with you!!!

• I think that is a bad idea for a first date

• a wedding is better than a funeral

• Damn, talk about "getting down to business."

• weird choice for a first date lmao

I honestly thought he was just gonna say noo haha

• 9d

Well, we had nice conversations, danced a bit, then went somewhere where we were alone and made out (I won't give details but it was pretty amazing)
      I saw him after the wedding again and he's my boyfriend now :)

• 9d

leaving out the interesting part... how mean lol.

• Good luck
    With this first date

• i like wedding dates but u do have to be careful not to give that guy ALLLLL you're attention. Remember that you're there mainly to watch someone else getting married on THEIR special day :) but u can find time to talk and mess around with your date too. The dance afterward and the lunch/dinner will be the best times for u to mess around with your guy obviously. :P
    Just do everyone a favor and keep it in your pants until the ceremony is over. hehe

What Girls Said 1

• dont hurry