Normal that I expect disappointment?

I am starting a new relationship w/a guy post one year after I broke up w/my 1st love. I feel kinda bad cause he is a new guy not my ex, but in the back of my mind I feel like he will let me down. Is this normal to feel in a new relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, I think so. The more experience you have with people, especially when it comes to relationshits, the more you expect disappointment.

Every time I get involved with a new girl, I keep hoping she'll show me that not all women are the same. And every time, she shows me that they're all the same.

What Guys Said 4

• Yes, it's because despite what people say, the past is not the past, it shapes how we behave in the future, and who we are.

You have bought the emotional baggage from your last relationship into a new one. Is this normal? People will say it is but I think it is more due to unresolved issues.

• Yeah, it's normal.

• Yes it is normal esp with people these days. People are very self centered these day. The best advice I can give to you is DO NOT get attached no matter what he says or does until at least 3 months have passed.

• yes yes you are correct that is a bad sign or maybe you're just overthinking it and maybe he said something that you just didn't like but you can always change a person's mind but a person's mentality or personality you could never change

also you're thinking about your ex way too much if you continue thinking about him and you'll never stop maybe you still need some time maybe you need to think about what you really want to do before jumping into a relationship

What Girls Said 0