Boyfriend makes plans constantly only to back out last minute all the time, what gives?

I've been seeing this guy for almost a year now. We live a little over an hour apart and at first it was a mutual agreement to see eachother at least twice a week and we'll rotate who drives to whom. Fast forward nine months and I've been the only one going to see him. I would even bring study materials and clothes to study at his place and wake up early to drive back to school in the morning (were both pre-med). He knows lack of effort is my #2 deal breaker until cheating.

He was supposed to come see me last Thursday but couldn't because he had a test that morning and stayed up all night Wednesday studying for. Then he was supposed to come out with me and some friends for Halloween activities, said he was in a "pissy mood" and didn't feel like being around people. I was so mad at this point. I always drop everything I can in order to make things work with him and to go see him. But for some reason he can't come see me? After bailing Thursday he texted me and told me he was sorry for being a piece of sh*t and not giving me what I deserved and hopes he can come see me this Saturday. I work weekends and get off at midnight, and he told me he would come see me.

He texts me a shirtless picture (we both send them) and I ask if he'll be waiting for me when I get home. He texts me that "he'll be there in spirit" and knows I'm going to hate him for it now, but he has a surprise all planned out for me and he knows I'm going to love it. I'm FUMING at this point and just text him whatever and go home. I feel like I can't believe anything this guy says, he's all talk. If I say something I prove it with my actions, I don't know what's the problem? Help please?

What Guys Said 2

• If it's been a year why are you even complaining? You should be used to it.

• He's seems like he doesn't give a shit about you, I think you're should get rid of him to be honest.

At the same time I don't think you're wrong if you give him another chance.

I know I wouldn't wanna see my daughter go through that!!!

What Girls Said 1

• He's not worth the stress. Move on and find someone who puts in just as much effort to see you.