I've actively been on numerous dating sites and apps without ever managing to get a response/match for 8 months now. Should I just give up?

To be fair, one girl write me back on OKCupid saying "You seem nice, but I don't think I'll ever find you attractive, I'm sorry."

Most Helpful Girl

• If you have some major flaw that makes you unattractive then I suggest you pinpoint it, work on that and keep looking.
    If you don't, just keep looking. You've got nothing to lose. :)

May I ask if you can pin a flaw? Too fat? Blue skin? Living with parents? Help me out here.

I am fat and I to lvie with my parents. I have no idea what blue skin is.

Sounds reasonable.

I wish you all the luck in the world. <3 <3 <3
      I believe that if ANY guy works hard and builds himself a good life and a strong respectable character, he can make himself into a real catch vast majority of girls would be proud to call "my man".

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, just give up. It sounds like it is damaging your self-esteem. Try your luck offline, your chances will be better there, though there are no guarantees in life.

What Girls Said 5

• Instead of giving up, why not actually try? Work on yourself. Lose weight. Fix up your haircut if it needs updating. Figure out how you can improve upon yourself and actually do it.

Already trying, since a very long time.

Hit the gym. Tried ending my graduation. Pretty much that.

Living at home isn't usually a deal breaker if you're in school. But keep hitting the gym, and stick with it.

• Ouch. Uhm never give up? Isn't that what Beiber says?

• So what ever happened to real life dating?

To me? Basically the same.

Not* even aware of*****

Okay, thanks!

• What do you usually write on your bio and what pictures do you upload? All this does contribute to how people react.

I don't know, I change my bio here and there, I tried self-irony (which perfectly works for me on NON dating social media) mostly.

• It took me years. ONLINE dating takes a lot of practice and patience.

What Guys Said 5

• It wouldn't hurt to leave your profile up.

• Please give up.

• Have you been messaging girls? Most of them won't message you.

Yep, I noticed.

And the worst part is that the same exact messages usually get me a lot of attentions and responses in not-dating websites.

I don't know what your pic is like, but for messages you should try to be:

- Not too aggressive
      - Witty and light
      - Avoid negative stuff about yourself

• give up online and try and go out and socialise.

Same results...

well, firstly, you gotta delete online dating accounts that you have, they r all fake man, not worth your time or energy.
      Going out like joining a club, group session, buy a new jacket or something to make you feel good and see what happens.
      Its your choice but scrap online dating, its not healthy for a start.

• Ahahahahahah! Ding ding ding! We've found the loser!