My boyfriend has stopped saying I Love You?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 1.5 years. We had a super long honeymoon phase and now that we are more in a routine, he has not said I love you in 1 month. However, If I say it, he will say it back in a genuine way. Also, he holds my hand all the time, cuddles me, is physically affectionate as he ever was, and he makes plans with me every weekend. We are still as happy and normal, we just bicker a little bit more and the I Love you thing. Everything else is the same. Is this just coming down from the honeymoon phase normal? Or is it abnormal to say I love you in 1 month to your girlfriend.

Most Helpful Girl

• Perhaps it is because you already know he loves you. There is no need to say it every day. After a year and a half of dating, he knows that you love him and you know that he loves you (wow, that's confusing...). It does not mean that he loves you less.

Did you know that words tend to lose their meaning the more they are used? Perhaps he doesn't want "I love you" to lose the meaning. He prefers to show it with his actions rather than his words.

What Guys Said 2

• He has no obligation to say anything. There was a post yesterday that turned ugly about a girl saying if having sex in a marriage is an obligation. General female opinion is that it is her body and her choice and therefore if she doesn't want sex she doesn't have to. So, in your case, to make it fair, it is his mind, his choice and he doesn't have to say it if he doesn't want to!

• I'm pretty sure that if the ''I love you's'' thing was ok, that you'd find something else to complain about.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe he feels it's implied? Have you told him about it? He might not even notice he's doing it.