Should I be upset? How would you take this?

My male friend wanted to take me on a date. I was excited because me and him have had this, sort of on off unspoken relationship, for the past couple months and now it was becoming real.

However, I felt bad because I sort of quit my job, so I told him because it was stressing me out. He said "Good for you, and I guess this makes it easier to see each other". Then when trying to figure out a time, he only offered llike a few days, and said he was busy. i didn't know how to take the good for you comments and agenda for dating. so I didn't reply

Hours later he texts me saying, he said Good for me was meant as he was happy that I quit because he knows how stressed it was making me, and how it would take some stress off my shoulders. Then he opened his schedule more and yeah. He's always been super kind and nice, and usually knows when I'm upset. He really cares about me and does everything for me, he seems like loves me. However, how would take this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah I don't get it either (what you're feeling/asking), first, how do you take it might be the better question. Guys are direct so I take it as exactly what he said. There are no "hidden meanings" or anything. You're over analyzing it. You might just be feeling a bit depressed that you're unemployed right now. Don't be. Move on. Find something else you love. It doesn't bother this guy obviously so it's just you. His busy schedule has nothing to do with you, it's not a jab or anything at you, he just has more limited times to see you that's all.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't really see an issue here. He opened his schedule more to you so you will go on a date with him. There really is no problem here. You like him and he clearly likes you so don't think too much about the small things like this.

What Guys Said 2

• You are over thinking his comment. I think he was being genuine when he said that.

• I don't understand Your question

What Girls Said 1

• Uhm, why would you take anything he said negatively?
    He sounds kind and interested in meeting up...