How to forget about a girl I had a crush on?

I'm 16 years old. Over the summer I got a job at a theme park. There was this girl that worked there also (in a different area). We never talked, but every time we saw each other we smiled. One time she waved and mouthed the word "hi". I got a really big crush on her. A month ago we had an end of season party. I saw her there, but I was too scared to approach her. That was the last time I saw her. I would go by her area every time I worked, but I never saw her again. The parked is closed for the season now. How can I get over her? She was (and still is) the only girl to show signs on interest. Should I just hope that she comes back to work next summer? I'm scared to get my hopes up cause I feel like she would have a boyfriend by then. Please help. I'm so mad that I blew it.

1mo I'm homeschooled by the way so I'm not around girls.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can try to soften your crush on her, but not 'get rid' of it, so if you meet her again you'll have a chance to approach, but if you won't see her or she will have a boyfriend, you won't be disappointed that much. You should be ready for things to come up.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't think about her, I used to be exactly the same, I liked a girl but never had the nerve to talk to her. First of all, from what you've said it sounds like you are only attracted by her looks and know little about her as a person. I was the same but I matured a lot in the past 2 years since, it's not all about looks, if you think it is then you are exactly like I was, too immature for a relationship. Until then my message to you is saying her name by her loud and clear is the only scary part.

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 9

• Easy. Firstly the internet is actually another way couples have met. No joke. I'm a guy and even though I'm 19 my heart speaks for me so listen to this and read it carefully. The only way to get over a girl is either to find a girl to replace them with or just get over them over time and realize you don't need them. Now who am I kidding when I say you can replace them. No one is replaceable but another girl can take your mind off it. Imagine this girl you had a crush on like a book and you are the author. You started the book but didn't finish it. So it is your choice to either write "The End" or you can put the book on a shelf and maybe you can write in it again someday.

• Honestly, I think the best thing to do is what I do. Wallow in sadness, listen to sad songs, and be depressing. Jk, don't do what I do. Distract yourself by any means necessary!

• You will never forget.

But 'signs of interest' from a girl doesn't mean much since there's still a whole nother set of hoops to jump through before getting a girl to like-you like-you. So if it makes you feel any better... chances are you would of blown it even if you made an effort.

• Pff
    Ok... PFfffff...
    Im good...
    Ok besides the awful joke, im going to tell you one thing, and i want you to take this to heart, suck it up, buttercup.

• Go after other girls.

• Don't worry , there will be other girls interested. All you've got to know is that
    next time you're in that spot go get the girl !
    You can't have her by just standing there and staring at her.

• U are a man.. don't keep weakness somewhere in u.

• There's 2 ways:
    1. Find a new girl
    2. Give it time

One of those will work

• Get another job where you can work with a ton of people and wet girls.