How often to text a man?

I've been seeing this guy for several months, known him for about a year before things went romantic. I let him drive, so to speak, especially in communication. Sometimes it's a week between texts and then he'll send a message wondering why I never write him. I do initiate sometimes, but I'm not interested in doing the chasing. There's also a language barrier. I've told him before that I figure he must be busy so I wait to hear from him first. I thought that if a man was interested in you, then he will make the effort to contact you and if the woman is initiating contact too often, its a turn off and pushing too much. Is this true? In actuality, i would prefer a balance but if he doest text me for a week after a date night, then what am I to think other than he's not that into me? And I'm not interested in coming across as desperate or needy if I haven't heard from him. Sadly, it also means there's no emotional investment. so how do I tell him that if he wants me to be more involved then he might want to consider stepping it up on the communication? He's pretty inexperienced with dating. Could he really be that clueless?

Most Helpful Guy

• Why are you worried about the chase you guys are having sex aren't you that stage should have past. If he stopped texting you for straight week was probably because he didn't want to feel like he was being needy by being the one to text first all the time and wants you to initiate more often for it could be balanced out. It should be a 1 to 1 ratio and I'm sure he much rather it be that way.

Most Helpful Girl

• A week of no contact? Dang.
    If you're really into him then have a talk about what your expectations are in a relationship and if they match with his. If not then just move on.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 1

• How about asking for both of you text more often? You initiate more, he texts more.