Does he really love me?

He claims to love me because he doesn't have anyone else and I love him. I don't know if that's a reason for loving someone... I'm completely lost.

Most Helpful Guy

• If he only loves you because he has no one else it isn't love and you are just a place holder to him until something better comes along. Since you are both young though he may actually have feeling for you and just not know how to express himself well.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends. He can love you even though he has no one else, that's not byword for incapability of love. It sure rings a few bells in the back of one's mind; "does he only love me because he has no one else?" but if he shows you how much he loves you, you should trust your instinct. The fact that you love him too is just a bonus.
    There's no list of valid reasons for loving someone. Love doesn't make sense. It's a loose, fluid, abstract concept. You can only go with your gut on this one, however intimidating and scary it might seem. xx

What Guys Said 1

• can't be a reason

What Girls Said 1

• If you have to ask if he loves you then he doesn't coz love can't be contained. If someone loves then they'll show it... in their own way. If not, then you'll feel full of doubt and confused about how they feel.

Love isn't being with someone coz they need you ... just coz they're lonely.