Under 18?!

people..is it true that if you're 18, you can't date anyone who is younger than 18? just DATE.not sex or anything.

Because my boyfriend turns 18 soon, and people have been telling us that its not allowed.we don't even live in America, but his family is working for the American Embassy here..so he's a citizen and still has to follow all American rules. I googled it, and it said that it depends which state your from..and he's from Virginia. HELP ME!

Most Helpful Guy

• That only pertains to sex. And even then it all depends on the state, don't worry about it.

What Guys Said 2

• Dating doesn't matter. Only sex. There are no laws that puts age restrictions on dating, only sexual activity.

• an 18+ dating and 18 under is NOT against the law. It just isn't widely accepted in the public, much like a pregnant teen. You're fine.

Might I ask how old your boyfriend is seeing how he work for the American Embassy?

• Uhmm.his parent work there..(: he goes to school with me

• Oh sorry I was reading it properly lol.

What Girls Said 2

• I don't know about Virginia...in California the law is having SEX, not dating...how can they possibly regulate that? I would spefically google Virginia's state law about it, but I'm pretty sure its just SEX

• I think that only applies if you havnt been dating. Look up the Romeo and Juliet law