Why do some act like a tall woman is not worth pursuing?

For the women - If you're 5'8 and taller has a tall guy like well over 6'0 ever said something negative to you about your height? For the guys - How do you guys feel about tall women? Like would it be intidimating to date a taller woman compared to a shorter woman? I'm 5'9 and sometimes I get told I'm "too tall" buy guys who are way taller than me, it makes me feel bad when I get told that because it's not like I'm a tall Amazon lol and for guys who are super tall to be judgmental about a chick who is 5'9 is so confusing like they act as if 5'9 is freakishly big and I see women way over 6 ft with men I'm sure they don't get complaints about their height.

Most Helpful Guy

• people hate everyone... but taller girls are for some reason hated extra. maybe some guys are scared of them. to me it just means its larger toys ;) . the whole size/height thing is weird as hell. just like age. u meet people and u get along or u dont. if i wanted a god dam build a bear i would make a clone or robot and do it right, not some half ass laundry list that u see all these people put together of what they want. it just pisses u off RAWR!

Most Helpful Girl

• 5'8 and no guy has ever said anything to me about my height

What Guys Said 20

• I'm not at all opposed to dating, and loving a woman that is taller!! I'm almost 6'1" so only the Volleyball team are usually taller, but I wouldn't care if she was a little taller!!

• Height has never bothered me, but I think it's because I'm short. I've dated lots of taller women and even married one. The thing is, women who are much taller than average (I'd say that 5'9"+ line you're talking about) simply don't have interest in shorter guys. While I've dated many women taller than me, I've only dated one that was 5'9" and one that was 5'10". I think it has more to do with how women view height than how men view height.

• Most guys like tall girls - look at the most popular models. I was in a restaurant in a college town and a couple vans pulled up with a visiting volleyball team; all these tall girls got out and the guys there were going crazy.

• I don't like girls above 5'10. I may find them attractive, but the height is kind of a turn off to be honest. I'm just 6ft, so I don't like girls who would be almost as tall as me.

It's not intimidating, I hate when they use that excuse. No, it's not that, it's simply not an attractive feature.

• A girl being tall would not be a major issue for me personally - What the person is like is more important

• I'm 5'9 and probably wouldn't feel comfortable dating a girl taller than 5'7. I see it as mutual disinterest since most girls over 5'7 wouldn't want to date a giy my height anyways.

• I actually like taller girls, because I'm only 5'9'' and I notice girls who are 6' and taller tend to understand that you can't choose your height. Normal-sized girls think I'm being short on purpose just to be an asshole, apparently. I don't what the fuck their deal is.

• As a tall guy I love tall women, they are me sized.

• Because of societal "standards." From movies and such. I'm 5'4" and I'm good dating a gal up to about 5'8" only because I'd want to be able to kiss her without asking her to bend down or me having to stand on a phonebook... LOL

Tall gals' got legs... mmmm nice, shapely silky legs.

• Alot' of women are too vocal about how height matters in a guy. I've had girls say they need someone that's at least 2-3 inchs taller than them. If they're 5-10 that kinda' filters out alot' of guys.

• I love tall women! I'm 6'1'' and my dream right now is to meet a girl taller than me. But they are so rare :(

• I like short and tall women for different reasons. Shorter girls are cute but taller girls have this like amazon like appeal (ideally if they're also in good shape). I also have no problem with girls that are the same height (I'm 6'0"). Sounds like the guys you've been talking too have a complex with being clearly bigger and probably stronger than their girl.

• Most men dont have an issue with height, normally it is females who have height requirments , very rare to find a woman who will look at a guy same height or shorter

• Under 6', you're short in my world.

• Tbh, I'm 5'11" N I would date a girl my height, not taller tho...

• I'd like a tall girl. I'm 5'10", but I'd be cool with a girl who's like 6'0".

• Tall women are sexy and more appealing but are extremely intimidating as well
    So..

• I wouldn't care at all, as long as the girl didn't mind be taller. I don't really care about height, because personality is what matters

• I think a tall woman could dominate me more, so I would be into that.

• when "tall" is still below 6'
    lol

a tall woman would probably blow me away. but I've never met one.

What Girls Said 0