He flirts with me a lot but is talking to another girl... Is there a chance he likes me?

I have a crush on a guy friend and he knows I like him. He is talking to another girl who happens to be one of my friends who went behind my back and started talking to him when she figured out I liked him... Anyway, he flirts with me like crazy. We snap chat each other for hours every day. We see each other often. He says things to me and compliments me like he might like me, but has clearly stated that he just wants to be friends. He never flirts with the girl he is talking to and honestly when they are around each other they literally just stand next to each other and don't talk. They are very awkward. On the other hand we get along like we have known each other for years even though its only been months. Our friends say we flirt like a dating couple. When he is around both of us he always talks to me instead of her and flirts with me the whole time. He never talks about her around me and changes the subject if she does come up. He always tells me how funny I am and how much he enjoys being around me. He also says he doesn't want a relationship with this other girl, that they are just talking but he is happy with her... He did just get out of a long relationship though. Could that be why he is talking to her? Or is that why he is flirting? Cause he now has options? He keeps saying that he wants to be friends and how much he loves being my friend and doesn't want to lose me as a friend. I don't know what's going on. Do I have a chance? Is he just being a flirt?

Most Helpful Guy

• You're friend zoned, basically. Yeah, guys do that, too. It's not that you can't change that, if you want to, but at the moment I'd put your chances as slim at best.

Most Helpful Girl

• Girl get your pride up! Fuck that nigga, if a man can't show you complete attention to you and only you in the beginning of your interaction then he ain't really gonna care for you. Don't waste your time on him, if he's not sure as hell that he wants you and only you, he don't really want you but who cares! Fuck him anyway, you're doing fine on your own, now go put on them heels and show everyone what you're working with lol

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Please answer my newest question. But there are always those friends. It has also happened to my friend also. Just explicitly tell him you like him and you want to take your relationship to the next level. Truth be told if he dates your friend and they break up, your nothing but a backup

He knows I like him. I kinda feel like she's just back up right now because he just went through a tough break up and she flirts and compliments him more, which boosts his self esteem. When they are around each other they don't even act like they like each other at all

• I know you might be scared to ask, but you really need to because things might continue like this. If you really like that guy, then go after him and bring his attention to only you. Make him want you and not the other girl.

• nope not really